Officially on maternity leave

michelles1985

Reaction score
Well, yesterday was my last day at work so I'm now on maternity leave. I did want to work another week really but figured I might as well have xmas off. I used the remainder of my holiday allowance for the rest of this week so my maternity leave/pay doesn't officially kick in until 26th December :)

Now I am at home, I feel like I should be cleaning the house because I'd like to get it nice and tidy ready for xmas.

Going to wrap the remainder of the presents now and then try to get a bit of housework done whilst Thomas is at school for his last day before xmas holidays. Better get cracking.

xx

Lucky you hun! I finish on the 30th but using remaining hols so maternity doesnt kick in until the 16th. Just counting down the days left now! Have you made a "To do..." list? That's what I'm going to do. Otherwise I'll miss off things lol.xx

I started my maternity leave yesterday, it's great to be at home and not have to fight to get on a train to get to the office. I had planned on doing loads of housework, especially tidying up our bedroom so that there is room for the moses basket, but not really getting to it yet. I've managed to get some loads of washing done, but I'm starting to get back ache now and the thought of bending and picking things up off the floor and lugging the hoover around feels a bit too much. Will have to wait till hubby is home later in the week and encourage him to help get the whole house done together - before his mum comes to visit on boxing day!

I have three weeks left at work and they can't come quick enough :)
Enjoy your break before it gets hectic when LO arrives. x

Lucky you hun! I finish on the 30th but using remaining hols so maternity doesnt kick in until the 16th. Just counting down the days left now! Have you made a "To do..." list? That's what I'm going to do. Otherwise I'll miss off things lol.xx

I've not yet done a list but it is on the agenda. Had a m/w appointment today and feel a bit clearer about a few more things now so over the next week or so, going to get my maternity bag packed (can't believe I haven't done that yet but I have been waiting to buy a few more things first). Bought some disposable and some washable breat pads today and some maternity pads so I think I've got pretty much everything I need to pack my bag now. Might need to get some more underwear just for in the hospital for after the birth. Then need to get house sorted, moses basket down and put together, ummmmm..............yeah I think I'd better get a list done.

I'll probably sill forget something though. Still getting severe baby brain. Like today, I did some shopping, paid for it and then walked off without the bag :wall2: lol. At least I've got a big bump so I can laugh it off and play the baby brain card :rofl:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back