Referral for a scan...

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Well... I mentioned on here a couple of days ago that I was having pain in my right ovary area. So yesterday it got worse (a nice regular stabbing pain) so I went to A&E last night (not an experience I wish to repeat).

They did bloods etc and the first doctor said she would call the on-call gyny to check with them. However, 4 hours later when I got the results at 1am, they were all clear and normal the next doctor I saw just gave me some painkillers and talked about period pain or kidney stones. I was more than miffed and said it is not period pain and I'm sure it's not kidney stones and it was more than a coincidence that just over 2 weeks ago I had ovulation pain in the same place that lasted for nearly a week.

So... anyway... went to my GP this morning who is lovely (I am lucky!) and he has referred me for an ultrasound to see if it is a cyst. Not sure how long I've got to wait but hopefully not ages...

He said we can still TTC and just keep an eye on the pain and get back to him if it worsens.

So... I'm looking forward to the scan to see what is going on and it also feels like a good move anyway to see what's going on 'down there' anyway now that we are TTC.

So... AF has just about finished...let the BDing begin!

Anyone with any experience of ovarian cysts - I'd be interested to hear your stories!

Thanks

SPC xx

(Sorry for the long post...)

hey hun,

haven't had a cyst myself but had to have a scan to check as was having the same sort of pain. still do get it, they couldn't find anything but send it could be appendix.

hope yours goes well. i'm sure it's nothing. enjoy bding and hope to see your bfp very soon.

xxx

Hey SPC.....I was referred for scan in 98 and they found a lump on my ovaries....while waiting for appt with gyne, I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 99 after horrendous pain landed me in A&E while in london only to be told it was a kidney infection....then it happened again while I was back at home and again ended up in A&E and had to have emergency op where they discovered a syst the size of a grapfruit on my ovary and said it was a 'chocolate cyste'...apparently filled with blood! They drained it and I went on to have a further 3 ops 1 of them another emergency op and then thats when they diagnosed emdometriosis! Had no probs with cysts since and had marina coil to deal with endo until removal in Jan so we could TTC.....hope you get some answers soon.xxxx

hey hun
i had problems like you were for years, i always got ushered away with painkillers.
then my sis was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 26, so becaus i was her sis, i was pulled in, plus the fact i had been complaining of pains.
anyways, turns out i had a cyst the size of a golfball attached to my ovary and fallopian tube which both had to be removed. luckily it wasnt cancerous like my sisters.

hope eveything goes ok for you xx

Thanks all.

I think the pain is lessened today so fingers crossed all will be fine!

HI SPC

My mum's friend had a cyst on her ovary that burst when she was in her late twenties after already having two kids. She was told she couldn't have no more kids but that was fine as she didn't want anymore.

She then went on to conceive and give birth to twins in her early forties lol

Anything can happen and medicine is alot better nowadays so even if there is a problem, I'm sure there are plenty of options available.

Hope you get the all clear but they also find out why you are in so much pain :hug:

Thanks Chelly - I love those sort of stories. I bet that was a massive surprise for her!

I'm feeling much better today - no pain, just some occasional twinges so I don't really know what it's all about. If it is a cyst then it's calmed itself down.

I'll ring the hospital in a few days to check they've got the referral (been lost in the system before!) and hopefully the appt won't be long.

SPC xx

Good Luck and hope all things go well for you

Donna xx

Hi there, just popping over from second tri and noticed your post and thought id share my recent experience.

When i was 6wks pregnant, i had the strangest sharpest pains on my left side with a little blood, panicking i went straight down to the docs to be sent for an early scan.
Turns out i had a large cyst on my left ovary which had burst, this did not affect the pregnancy and am now at 14wks.
The doctor told me that occasionally they do grow larger than normal and sometimes people have to have operations to remove them if they do not go natually but majority of the time there is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon xxxx

I have exactly the same pain SPC...down really low on my right side and occasionally on the left side...had scans and smears and nothing showed up...eventually I got referred to a gyney doc and had to have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy...he knew I was planning on ttc and found nothing wrong, in his words everything down there is 'perfect' and he has no idea why I have the pain, its just something I have to live with...so while sometimes it does turn out to be something sinister it can also be absolutely nothing and just some sort of weakness in your body, that's what he told me.

i also got this pain when i was pregnant with my little girl the sent me for a early scan and i had a cyst on my right ovary they said the pregnancy was fine and it was just the cyst giving me the pain when i went back for 20wk scan it had gone and the pain had stopped. Im now pregnant again so i dont think they will stop you ttc good luck for your scan xxxxxxx

Thanks lanny, jarjar and Nicci - that does make me feel better.

I have not had any more pain for almost a week so not sure what it was all about.

Will see what the scan shows.

I had a scan at 12 weeks with my DS and was also told they had detected a cyst on one of my ovaries which is apparently quite common and they just pop or disappear on their own. It had gone by the time my 20wk scan was done...really weird thing to find though

Got the date for my scan - 28th April so not long till I see what is going on!

It's all been fine for the last week so hopefully nothing bad!

xx

I hope the scan goes ok, im sure it will be nothing to worry about especially as the pain has stopped now x

Wow I had no idea cysts were so common?

Hope your scan is all ok for you Small purple Cat, and you can relax X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back