What would you do? Advice please.

McDizzy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm currently 7+1 with my 3rd pregnancy (hopefully my 2nd baby). I have been suffering from abdominal pain and back pain since I was 3 weeks pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and my test was negative. Anyway, my gp said I had kidney stones and sent me home with pain relief. The thing is, the pain is still there. Not so much the back pain anymore but the abdominal pain is. I'm struggling to breath through the pain at the moment, I must look like a crazy woman sat at my desk breathing like I'm having contractions. I have just looked on the internet and there is an early pregnancy unit nearby, do you think I should call them for an appointment? I have been back to my gp twice since finding out I was pg and she's still convinced it's kidney stones. She was supposed to be referring me for an emergency scan on my kidneys just to be sure, but that was last monday morning. Surely if it was an emergency the date should of come through by now? Please, it doesn't feel anywhere near my kidneys now. Sorry for rambling, just don't know what to do, my OH is away and I haven't told anyone I'm pg so no one to talk to. xx

well, that's it, I'm giving up. They just told me to go back to the dr, even though I told them I'd been there 3 times and they're not helping. I'm going to go home sick and say f**k off to the world today. Sorry but just feeling so low.

Sorry to hear you are suffering! If the pain is that bad, would it be worth going to A&E?!? I would have thought that if the pain was that bad and affecting you so much that it may be worth a visit? Hope you are feeling better soon x

blimey this doesnt sound gd for you you poor thing,is this wat epu told u to do aswel go bk to ur docs? i know kidney stones can move so maybe this is why the pain has moved but jeez they should scan u anyways to rule out any other problems regarding the baby, cant beleive they have told u to go bk to docs,well i would go to a&e stuff it no one should have to suffer pain specialy an early pregnant lady, hope ur ok and u can get sorted asap xxx

Honestly, if you're in that much pain, go to A&E and demand to be seen, never mind getting pushed from pillar to post. They need to help you. Fingers crossed you get it sorted. xxxx

Thanks ladies, I don't have much faith in a&e, so I've come home to have a nice warm bath and relax. When I had my previous mmc, I got rushed to hospital in an ambulance, when I got there, there were no beds, so I was left in the corridor in a wheelchair for an hour. I was finally moved to a room after an hour, where I was left for a further 6 hours before being seen by a doctor. When I was finally seen they told me I wasn't actively bleeding (I was 7 frickin hours earlier) so there was nothing they could do and they sent me home. I collapsed the next day and had to be rushed in for surgery. My faith in the NHS for pregnancy was low after that, but it's even worse after this past 4 weeks! xx

Oh how awful :( Sounds like I have been lucky with my NHS care, both for my miscarriage and this pregnancy. If it gets any worse or doesn't improve, please do go to A&E, you should not have to suffer like this.... I really hope you can get this sorted quickly! Take care of yourself xx

:hug: that sounds miserable hun, hope the warm bath helps, maybe a hot water bottle after that? Keep pestering the doc, its amazing what they'll so when they are sick of the sight of you! xxxx

Thanks girls. I'm going to go to my gp in the morning and just keep pushing til they listen. Hope I can do it without crying lol. Xx

Push and if you have to cry in the surgery and don't leave til they've phoned the hospital and made you an appointment, make them see how upset and stressed this is making you, blooming ridiculous situation they've put you in! xx

Yell, scream and cry at them hun. It's the only way most will listern nowadays :(

Hope you have more luck at the docs this time xx

Thanks ladies, I saw a different gp today and she was great. Got a scan at epu next Wednesday. I'll be 8+3 then so fingers crossed everything is ok. Xx

glad u had better luck hun, good luck for ur scan next week although if the pain continues i would deffo pay a visit to a&e xxxx sending big hugs xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back