reduced movement

Em91

Reaction score
Hi all, rang my midwife because LO has hardly moved in the last two days expecting them to just say its fine stop panicking but been told I need to go over to Labour ward and be monitored.
Worried somethings wrong, what happens when you go to be monitored? I know thats probably a daft question!

So waiting for OH to get home then will go over.keep your FX everything is okay please! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I went in to triage, just as a precautionary, and they just got the doppler out and listened, then checked everything over. If you're going into the ward they'll prob just put one of the heart monitors on you that prints out the heartrate.

Don't worry yourself too much, I heard a few weeks ago I'm sure that 28 weeks is a quiet week, I've had a quiet few days as well although LO did have an early morning disco today xx

Hope everything is ok, I've heard that they quieten down after/during a growth spurt. finger and toes crossed! Keep us posted xxx

This has happened to me. I went in and got monitored on the ctg for 20 mins. Unfortunately girlie was a bit naughty so I have to go in twice a week now for a ctg and then have a scan in a few weeks. It's always better to be safe, and I can pretty much guarantee baby will start kicking as soon as you get attached lol. Good luck though x

Hope everything is ok, I've heard that they quieten down after/during a growth spurt. finger and toes crossed! Keep us posted xxx

Yeah I thought this was the reason, I couldn't remember though. I just remember a few people saying this was common around this time xx

It's nothing to worry about :)

They will place you on the CTG heart rate monitor which is 2 monitors one normally near the top of your belly for I think it's contractions then there will be one to listen to babe's heart beat, this then prints out as it goes on the monitor :) they also give you a button for you to press when you do feel movement when your on the monitor to track what's happening.

I have this done every week at the moment but only because they thought I had choleastasis, which I don't but they like to be over precautious.

Riven has barely moved today so I will get midwife to listen tommorrow on her doppler when I see her but he has mega quiet days and it freaks me out.

Try not to worry this doesn't help their movement and I bet you that the minute baby goes onto the monitor it will start kicking away :)

FX everything is OK, hun. Let us know how you get on x

hope all is ok but i had a quiet week at 29 weeks x

Hope all is ok, I'm sure baby is just recovering after a growth spurt or something, try not to worry! Fingers crossed for u hun xxx

Hope you got on ok Em. I have loads of quiet days, but defo the right thing to go get checked out if you're really worried.

xxxx

I went in to be monitored a couple of weeks ago, was so worried but the midwives were so lovely and reassuring and said I had done exactly the right thing and not to hesitate in going back if I was ever concerned again. I'm sure all will be fine, the following day mine was extra wriggly to make up for it xx

I had this done today. Hadn't felt bubs move much the past day or so, so I called this afternoon and was told to go in.

Exactly as Bellariven explained, I was hooked up for about 40mins and bubs decided to wake up and move 7 times!

I'm sure all is ok, and it'll put your mind at rest x

Aw hope all is ok. Our LO's really know how to make us worry done they? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for your replies
LO decided to have a party soon as I was on the monitor and had loads of movement while I was hooked up. Midwives were lovely though and said that usually happens and don't hesitate to go back if it happens again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh I'm so glad everything's ok for u hun. Lovely that the midwives were so nice too, glad ur mind is at rest :) xxx

Really pleased everything is ok for you and bubs :)

The midwives prefer that you go to get checked and it is never too much trouble to go either :)

xxxx

Glad everything was ok.
And nice to hear your midwives were so supportive to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back