Ninja Kitty labour thread *updated 12.05pm*

Olive

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just received the following from Ninj...

4/1/12

1.54pm "Looks like they are gonna induce me today due to raised BP. I've not been assessed as yet so nothing to report at the moment".

2pm "Got a lovely bout of indigestion. They've given me pills to lower my BP. My last urine had some protein and my bloods were borderline for kidney function, which is why they decided to induce".

4.32pm "Signal is bobbins here. I'm in a delivery suite and they've monitored bubs for about an hour. He's doing fine. Waiting for doc to do an internal and pop the progestin tablet in. FX for a favourable cervix. Ward is very busy so god knows how long they're gonna be".

***Janine said that her hubby is with her and didn't get time to change from his work clothes, so is suited and booted for the occasion! Lol. She can only get 3G signal slightly, so will pop on and off when she can. She's heard 2 bubs being born already - I personally think she just wanted the live version of OBEM tonight, instead of settling for the regular one like the rest of us! ;)

5.23pm "OMFG. Checked cervix it's 1cm dilated on its own and soft. Bejesus the check and the progestin insertion was a lot more uncomfortable than I thought it would be. I think the doc lost her watch up there, friken elbow deep. Getting mild period pains. Bubs is being monitored again. All being well I should be allowed up to the labour ward. May get a second progestin at 11pm or maybe wait until morning depending on the check.

Who needs OBEM when you can live it"

10.15pm I just text Ninge to see how she is and if hubby was still with her. She said

"He got sent home at 8pm :( He cane come back at 10am unless I set off properly during the night. Cramping a bit more now. I'll let you know once I've been assessed. I'm next to a diseased woman with a chest infection coughing up lumps! *boke*".

5/1/12

1.40am "Got taken down to be assessed at 11pm. Put on monitor for an hour, baby fine. Doc checked my cervix but couldn't reach it. Inserted 2nd progestin. Monitored for another hour, baby fine. Back on labour ward and ready to get some sleep. Getting more cramps n tightenings but nothing significant".

8.34am "Saw about ISH last night when I bobbed on. Isn't that 5 labour watches at the same time?! Prob got 4/5 hours sleep on and off. Got regular tightenings last night about 2 mins apart. Had paracetamol because some of them got quite sharp. Feel cramp this morning but not as bad. Just waiting for doc to get in this morning. Am gonna be taken down for another assessment and prob another progestin. Janine x"

1.09pm "Not much of an update. They tried to monitor bubs here on the ward instead of sending me down to delivery suite because it's too busy. Bubs was not playing ball and moved so they couldn't find the HB. Got sent for a scan to actually find bubs. Basically he is so low he's resting just above minge base! Good thing was that they measured him at 8lb 3oz. Finally able to monitor him and I was also having regular strong contractions. Also losing my plug ewwwwww). Got to move about now or lie on my back ( for some reason this makes me contract strongly) to encourage contractions. I might avoid another progestin. Cheers Janine xxx "

9.47pm "Hi Laura :) Just had ANOTHER progestin on my cervix (yuk). DH has just gone home ( he stayed whilst I was monitored etc). I will prob have the final progestin in the morning (you can have up to four). 6 hours after that If it doesn't work I'll be put on an Oxytocin drip. God knows what happens next if that doesn't work! FYI bubs is happy as Larry whenever he is monitored. Janine xxx"

***Janine added that there is no progress yet with her cervix unfortunately, but she's still getting a bloody show. Fingers crossed tomorrow is her day.

6/1/12

12.05pm "Slept loads last night. Was much quieter. Assessed this morning cervix soft and 3cm dilated so no more progestin. They want to take me down later and put me on an oxytocin drip to keep things moving. Will get DH to update you later if I can't. Janine.xxx"

COME ON BABY NINJA KITTY! :pompom:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xxx
Goes without saying but we're all cheering Janine on and baby kitty :love:

Eep!!

Xxxx

Last edited:
Aww good luck ninja

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Hope it goes quickly and smoothly Hun xx

Ooops double post!

Exciting that you'll be meeting your small person soon though xx

oooo so exciting all these babies popping out! :) Hope LO arrives quickly for you!

Fingers crossed, love!!!!!

Good luck Ninja!! Is this the first of our bump buddy group to start a labour thread? xx

wow - there's a lot of babies about this new year!!

I think they're all trying to compete with OBEM so we stalk them instead of the TV!! xx

Good luck x

Good luck look forward to a healthy Ninja baby soon!

* tapatalking from my bb *

:shock: i just shouted out 'WHAT!!!!' big surprise to log on to!! awww all the best lovely! i wonder whether they will try to bring her BP down first? x

Wee update added, was just out but home now. Thankfully she finished packing her bag. Good reminder to us ladies who haven't completely finished it yet! :blush:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back