Recurrent Reduced Movement

Glad your feeling a bit better! I loved my 3d scan, was amazing. Enjoy :) x

hiya hun sorry to but in on this post but you dont have an anterior placenta do you?? i had this with my DD and felt less movements, not as often i must admit but i was in hospital from 34 weeks with high bp anyway so got monitored daily ..... palarva isnt it. i also sympathise with you on the the snorer front... i had one next to me i ended up sleeping with my ipod in my ears with soft music on!!

hiya hun sorry to but in on this post but you dont have an anterior placenta do you?? i had this with my DD and felt less movements, not as often i must admit but i was in hospital from 34 weeks with high bp anyway so got monitored daily ..... palarva isnt it. i also sympathise with you on the the snorer front... i had one next to me i ended up sleeping with my ipod in my ears with soft music on!!

Anterior placenta would only be a problem if bubs was permanently head down, which he/she is not - always changing position. Mostly breech or oblique, so kicks are down low when it's like that. When it's head down I can feel tickles down low which must be hands, but as I say the baby changes position so much the placenta has been ruled out. It's not low, so not blocking where I used to get all my movement xx

Just wanted to send hugs, horrible uncertainty but I'm glad you and baby are being well looked after :) xxx

Thanks guys, I'm feeling a million times better after our 4D scan this morning, I love my baby so much!! He/She looked so content in there I don't feel like I need to worry. Everything looked healthy :) xx

i barely felt baby all the way thru, i had to lie down and concentrate or give her pop or chocolate to get a reaction. i told the doc this when i got monitored at 40+1 for leaking waters and he basically said ok were going to induce u tomorrow because of reduced movement, they gave me a sweep and i went into labour naturally that night. i had anterior placenta and baby stayed head down from 28 weeks but she must have ran out of room quickly since she was 10lb 14oz when born.

i barely felt baby all the way thru, i had to lie down and concentrate or give her pop or chocolate to get a reaction. i told the doc this when i got monitored at 40+1 for leaking waters and he basically said ok were going to induce u tomorrow because of reduced movement, they gave me a sweep and i went into labour naturally that night. i had anterior placenta and baby stayed head down from 28 weeks but she must have ran out of room quickly since she was 10lb 14oz when born.

Yeah, think that's the thing that bothers me most though, up until a fortnight ago I felt bubs constantly! Then all of a sudden there was a drastic change, hence why the doctors were concerned. This is maybe the new norm from now on though, so we'll just see how it goes and keep an eye on things xx

i hope everything is good hun and im glad your getting monitored regularly to make sure

Hope everything's ok hun. Are u starting to feel more movements?xxx

I'm back on the regular consultant list again unfortunately :( Was back in triage last night, reduced movement back again.

Got a scan today and everything looking good, just getting so fed up with not knowing why bubs isn't moving enough one week then fine the next. I'm also getting tired of various midwives saying 'some women just don't ever feel their babies' - I do feel my baby, regularly, if I didn't I wouldn't get so worried when I had quiet days!!

Anyway, back into daycare and consultant appointments twice a week til baby's here. Just glad there's not long to go now xx

Aw leesey :( at least there keeping an eye on you... Won't be long till LOs getting cuddles xx

Glad they keeping an eye on you. I had 3 episodes of reduced movement and on the 3rd episode they said that had she not been breech and requiring a section anyway they would have induced me straight away (was 39 weeks) as even though her ctg was normal and her scan showed adequate fluid and placenta working ok - they still like to get baby out sooner rather than later.

Glad they keeping an eye on you. I had 3 episodes of reduced movement and on the 3rd episode they said that had she not been breech and requiring a section anyway they would have induced me straight away (was 39 weeks) as even though her ctg was normal and her scan showed adequate fluid and placenta working ok - they still like to get baby out sooner rather than later.

This was suggested at my last consultant appointment, but then they signed me off as movement returned to normal. So this is now the 3rd episode minimum (depending on if you count the week when I was in and out of hospital as one episode or 5 separate episodes) and I have another consultant appointment next Friday as well as 2 daycare appointments in the meantime.

Still had no movement yet today, unless you count his/her bum sticking a mile out then shifting 5 minutes later - that would be one movement I've had all day. So at 6pm I'm going to phone triage to see if they think I should go in tonight or just wait til my appointment tomorrow.

CTG has always been fine, placenta/cord always been fine, yesterday my fluid was marginally lower but nothing to worry about. TBH induction would be a weight off my mind, I just want bubs somewhere I can see him/her and know they're fine!! xx

Just back from out-of-hours triage :yawn: was there for aaaages.

I had to stay on monitor for extra time tonight cos the heartbeat was erratic but it was just LO's hiccups causing it to do that! Everyone's so lovely there but I'm getting so fed up of the place!

Talked to midwife there about induction, she brought it up because of my SPD (think she felt sorry for me) and I asked how I could ask about that. She said I was to talk to the consultant at my next appointment which is next Friday.

As usual, trace was fine, and incidentally bubs had a wee wriggle while I was getting monitored, first time all day, so typical!!

The midwife who was on tonight seemed to acknowledge that I knew what my baby moving felt like, which was a nice change instead of them being patronising saying 'some women just don't feel it you know' :wall2: :roll:

Anyway, must get to bed now, so so tired xx

Last edited:
It's so worrying not feeling movement but what I found nice when i experienced reduced movement the other night
was the fact the triage nurses never seem fed up Or make u feel dramatic about going in, which made me feel easier about the situation as at first I put it down to just being paranoid! Sounds like they are lovely with u too xxxx

I had reduced movement with my daughter (now 4 yrs old) I was 34 weeks, and went to see my doctor about what was going on. They checked me and saw i was 3 cm dilated and sent me down for a scan. When they did the ultrasound they told me there was less fluid in there then they like to see and that may be the reason for the less movement. They immediately sent me to get induced that day and have the baby. You get so used to there ritual of waking up and moving around that you get nervous when you don't feel them doing something you are used to. If you get nervous there is no reason why you cannot go to the doctor and let them check. Sometimes its something other times its nothing at all :) I chop up that my little girl probably drank most of the fluid since my tummy seemed to always have a bad case of the hiccups. So just take it easy and keep an eye on the little one.

I'm in hospital usually 4/5 times a week, so under careful watch. Thanks for your story though, good to hear you have a healthy happy LO after all that drama!! I get scans every two weeks roughly and fluid is fine for most of the time, it was low at one point but improved quite quickly and has been variable since xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back