Reduced movement and growth scan

Copterpops

Reaction score
So, at 28+2 I headed off to the maternity unit due to reduced movements. All seemed well on the mkniter, Dr checked the amniotic fluid via scan, but I have to go for a growth scan.

Does anyone else have an experience like this? Just a bit nervy with it being first baby!

Where is your placenta? Anterior or posterior?

Between 27-29 wks i went in for 3 times with reduced movement and then got sent for scan to double check. All was fine and they gave me an estimated weight etc and checked everything including placenta check etc! Was very reassuring! X

I had 2 growth scans for reduced movement in my first pregnancy.

Ive just had a growth scan on Tues this week, but that was due to measuring 3 weeks ahead.

Its just similar to your 20wk scan, they check baby over aswell as measure head, belly & thigh x

i had the same, had reduced movement so went in to get monitored and when there they measured and referred me for a growth scan - all turned out to be fine, hopefully yours will be too :)

All was well with scan today. Didn't seem to be concerned about anything. Only measured the abdo circumference though, as they said that head at this stage didn't matter?!

glad everything has been okay with you and your little ones. had a quick look at this thread as I wasn't sure about my little man. he's always so active but obviously has some times where he'll sleep and rest and seem more quiet. but it's hard to know how long these periods have lasted, especially being broken up with sleeping myself and being busy.
I'm just not sure if he's moved as much..first time mummy so I'm a worrier. what should I do? Xx

If you ever have any movement concerns it is worth ringing the antenatal day care/midwives - especially from 32 weeks onwards they would rather check....particularly if your LO has a general routine for movements during your wakeful periods!

okay thank you, I'll give them a call. I know that he usually does his tummy gymnastics when I'm watching TV during the evening and again when I wake up in the morning, just seems a little more quiet so I'll definitely check.
what would they normally do in the hospital? xx

It's really easy, when I went in midwife set me up on monitor which will check baby's heartbeat for 40 mins ish and then they check the trace. They will do all normal checks too like blood pressure and urine. I was in and out in just over an hour and the midwife was lovely. Worth going and getting checked, they would rather you did then don't xx

okay thank you, that's reassuring. I gave my GP's a call down the end my road as I know the midwife is in today. she's squeezed me in so will see her this afternoon. if she still thinks it's worth going to get properly checked out I will definitely go. would a Doppler not be enough then, they need a longer monitoring? I don't care obviously what they need to do, it's baby who needs to be happy and healthy xx

They like to monitor baby over a period of time to make sure all is well they can get a clearer idea from a prolonged monitor than just listening to a heartbeat! xx

So I went to community midwife who referred me to the hospital, ended up on the monitor like you said for about 40 minutes and had all the normal observations done. babies looking fine...decided to play his usual tricks and kick the monitors and probes! glad he's moving much more again..little monkey.
Bumps still measuring small so another growth scan tomorrow, but we know he's all okay. Thank you for your comments yesterday anyway ladies Xx

Glad everything seems well with baby. I'm a first time mummy too, and so paranoid about everything. They make it all sound so scary.

Definitely glad I went though, and got the reassurance if nothing else. Felt like a right idiot waitktng to be seen with baby doing its best to prove me out to be a liar. Like the midwife (and other ladies) said though, it's better that than to be worried.

I agree with you, the reassurance is worth it, better than to sit worrying. growth scan went really well today and baby has grown well since last time. little monkey's just over 5lb now at 33 weeks.
thank you, glad everything's alright with you too Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back