Growth scan.

berit87

Reaction score
Those of you who might have to have a growth scan at some point and are interested what happens... It is pretty much exactly the same as every other scan, they measure the head and tummy and thighs etc. Make sure there is enough fluid around baby, heartbeat, movements etc. But everything is so crystal clear. We could see his eyes and nose and mouth and hair and chubby cheeks, sooo cute. Everything is ok, he is growing perfectly and weighs approx 5 lbs (2.2 kg) So happy, roll on due date!!x

Does everyone have a growth scan? The midwife in York mentioned it once to me, but I've moved to Manchester since and the new widwife who looked at my notes, where it was written that I might need one, well, she seemed to just skim right passed it. Should I bring it up at my next appointment, do you think?

And thankyou for the details on what happens! It must be so exciting seeing your LO so clearly, I bet you really can't wait now!

i cant wait for my 34wk one i saw more on the one last week than i did on my 20wk watching it playing with its toes was fascinating x

Jellyboobs - not everyone has a growth scan, I think it is only when they think your BMI is too high or if your tummy measures too big for the dates. You can certainly ask the new MW. Say that the previous one recommended you having one and see if she agrees to get you one! Even though I am glad they do scans and its always a relief to see and know everything is ok, I still believe that too many scans can't be too good for the baby. But if you have only had 2 then it would certainly be nice for you! Let me know how you get on :) is this your first one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back