measuring big/growth scan

sparky

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm off to the hospital this afternoon for a growth scan after the middy discovered that my fundal height is now 4 weeks ahead.

Has anyone else had this ??? and what was the outcome?

Has anyone had too much fluid? which could be the cause.

Anyway excited about seeing the baby we dont get offered a 20 week scan here so its been since my dating scan!

Wow....Thats a long time!!

I had a growth and liquor volume scan at 32 weeks. I have another one thursday.

My fundal height was approx 6-8 cm above my gestation.

The scan showed bubs was measuring 6 weeks ahead...and the liqour volume too (8cm depth)

But, bubs was breech. My bubs is cephalic and 2/5 engaged....fundal height was measuring 37 cm last week.

It seems fundal height can depend on many factors. And is not a very good indicator of anything.

Extra water can be caused by a problem with bubs digestive system. Or, like me and many others, is something about ourselves (dont know what) that has caused it. So, please do not worry :hug:

Enjoy seeing bubs again :cheer:

i had a growth scan but because my fundal height was measuring a few weeks behind

when they did the scan the baby was fine, i really think that the fundal height isnt a very accurate measurement

im sure you will be fine hun

I had a hospital check up 3 weeks ago and the scan showed baby was on the large side with increased fluid (10cm at deepest pool). They didn't really say what caused it (they did mention baby urinating more which adds to the fluid or gestational diabetes which I don't have) but I do have to have another scan and check tomorrow when they'll decide if baby is going to be coming early or not!!
My last fundal height measurement was a week ahead but my GP thinks they're a waste of time!!
I'm sure you will be fine :D

yes hun i did but mine was u to 12 weeks in front and Hannah was born at 35+5 weighing 10lb 4oz

mary70 said:
yes hun i did but mine was u to 12 weeks in front and Hannah was born at 35+5 weighing 10lb 4oz

Which meant the fundal height was a decent indicator there! :lol:

it sure was i was measuring big from 20 weeks

I have a growth scan on thursday. I think they will ten decide if I need to be induced (this is what has kind of been said before)

The baby was an estimated 7.5lbs at 32 weeks. I know this can be wrong (like 1-2lbs)...But would still make bubs big by its due date! :shock:

back from scan, everything is fine with bubs and fluid levels etc...bubs is a lardon tho, and is measuring bigger but they've noit changed my DD or anything.

Was totally cool to see bubs again, sooooo much different and pretty squished in there!

Glad everything is ok :hug:

Whats a lardon?

It must have been fun seeing bubs again :cheer:

Aw, must have been great to see LO after not seeing him since dating scan! Glad all is ok x

Aww I'm so glad it all went well and you got to see bubs again! :cheer:

I will tell you now that you've been for your scan, I am cr*pping myself about measuring too big... So I understand your worry :hug: But good news is that you and bubs are healthy, even if bubs is a chubster!! xx

dont worry about it hun, so many people are told their measuring big and they will have big babies. I was one of them. I measured big from 28 weeks and was told baby would be huge. I kept having scans and was told to expect a 9-10lb'er....he was 8lb :D

Thanks ladies, DH told me off for calling baby chunk! he he

I never measured big by fundal height, only a week ahead from 28 weeks onwards but had 2 growth scans at 34 and 37 weeks.

LO was 6.5lbs estimated at 34+5 and 7.3lbs iirc at 37+5 weeks. LO arrived a few days late and was just shy of 10lb. So if anything for me the estimate was under and the fundal was also well out :lol: TBH though, delivering him was not difficult in the least. Second stage labour was just over 30 minutes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back