No Fluid at Growth scan

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

I can't stop thinking about the growth scan i had, there was very very little fluid in my bump i am wondering where baby will have any room to grow anymore?

5 weeks growth still and i just dont know where else it can expand?!!

Is that good or bad though, i mean you can replenish your fluid by drinking lots and staying hygrated.

What did they say? is there a chance of early labour if the baby gets distressed?

They didnt say anything, on the chart as it stands the baby is right at the top of the range and alls she said was go to midwife as planned at 36 weeks!!

This was after a battle to get a GTT, the lady that did my scan even said that my bump is literally ALL baby - will it become distressed because it can't move?

I am going full steam ahead to midwife on thurs

I do know amniotic fluid is constantly being topped up by the body, as baby is constantly drinking it, but wanted to say best wishes and I'm sure the MW will be able to put your mind at ease by explaining your scan for you :hug:

This site might be helpful?
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/stages/0136

I don't think it's unusual to have reduced amniotic fluid towards the end of pregnancy. Most babies find they have little room to move about in the last few weeks anyway.

I'm sure if there was anything major to worry about the sonographers would have sent you to a scan midwife straight after your scan... or at least highlighted to you the need for a sooner appointment.

Mention it to your MW at the next checkup and talk to her about your concerns. I'm sure you and your LO will be fine. :hug:

think i dont have alot of fluid and its all baby :)

goodluck with scan :)

Well thyere meant to be organising a growth scan for me this week :shock: bit late i know, but the useless consultant last week couldnt tell if it were all baby or not.
I never had this problem with the last child, and I was a hell of a lot bigger!

In future i wont watch my weight again, it causes more trouble LOL!

I saw a house officer last week not a consultant and she was rubbish aswell...

Good luck for you growth scan hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back