Recurrent miscarriage thread

coco - I'm pretty certain I won't do asprin/heparin for the next pregnancy, just hope I don't regret it but I feel that by going zero caffine and fixing the thyroid it will help so will try that. But if I suffer another loss then I will do it. It's hard to know if that is the right decision or not but its one i'm comfortable with at the moment and I guess only time will tell. How are things with you?

coco - I'm pretty certain I won't do asprin/heparin for the next pregnancy, just hope I don't regret it but I feel that by going zero caffine and fixing the thyroid it will help so will try that. But if I suffer another loss then I will do it. It's hard to know if that is the right decision or not but its one i'm comfortable with at the moment and I guess only time will tell. How are things with you?

Im going ok :) 10+3 today and the previous scan showed all is good. Im still pretty scared though, I just want to make it to tri 2.
Ive had 3 scans so far and after each, Im happy and relaxed for about a day then the fear sets in again :-(
I just ordered a Doppler online today as I feel I need the extra reassurance between scans.

I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus at my 6 week scan. From what I understand, there may be a link to miscarriage. Not 100% sure though.
There's some risks in tri 2 and 3 though so Im being monitored as high risk.

Just taking each day at a time and praying for a good outcome this time.

Last edited:
that is great news, I have a good feeling that this time all will go well for you - the Doppler is a good idea. only 2 more weeks until your 12 week scan.

Hi everyone. got the results of my blood test this morning. All seems to be ok, but tested a weak positive for anticardiolipin, Need to get bloods redone in about 4 weeks time and if it's positive again, they'll refer me to Haemotology for treatment.

How is everyone in here doing?

OH and I had a discussion and will now be waiting even longer to try, as our finances aren't great at the moment. The sensible side of me knows it's the right thing to do, but the other, desperate for a baby side of me is heartbroken.

I have an overwhelming feeling that the next pregnancy will result in miscarriage again, which makes me think at least if we tried, then I would finally be eligible for investigations at the hospital which will take a while anyway, so why can't we just get it over with so by the time we try it will be being dealt with properly.

The flip side I suppose is what we'd all hope for and to have a successful pregnancy, but then we wouldn't be able to support ourselves and baby financially.

I can't bear the thought that we'll leave it so long, and then face another loss before anything can be done, or that we might leave it too late.

In the meantime I have taken up a sport I enjoy and couldn't do if I was pregnant so hopefully that will keep me occupied for now.

Hope you're all well x x x

Hi everyone, I'm now up to mc 5 :-( this pregnancy I did start asprin but didn't get as far as starting heparin.

Turns out I lost the baby very early on just before 5 weeks. The nurse at epu suggested I should get my natural killer cells checked as I could have that causing the losses (based on my off the chart auto immune test result for the thyroid anti bodies).

https://www.rcm.org.uk/news-views-and-analysis/analysis/natural-born-killer

does anyone have any experience with NK cells?

I'm off again to get more bloods drawn as once again my HCG levels are funky and not dropping as they should.

Hey platypus. I have no experience with nkc but it sounds as if they found something which is good in a weird way. My thyroid came back fine as did a whole range of other teats that they did.

I'm now upto my third mc
Dec 13 at 7 weeks exactly after seeing hb at 6 weeks
March 14 at 7 weeks exactly after seeing hb at 6 weeks
Oct 15 mmc found at 8 weeks died at 7 2 days after my early scan at 6&4 saw hb again.

I seem to fall pregnant easily each time within 3 months of trying just like with my son who is now 7 but I just can't keep them. Only thing I've been told is that's it's "odd" they all happen at the same time within days. Around the time the umbilical cord gets developed I'm told so they think it's something in my blood. I'm being referred to the rcmc testing by two different people for two different reasons. Both my doctor and my mw separately came to the conclusion they think my blood is too thick due to various Complications I have had. That's reassuring in a way I just need to wait about 9 months for the results (assuming I don't get pregnant in between which I'm not ruling out!) I'm already on asprin daily now.

Hi everyone,
I started this thread in May when I guess I was at my lowest point of hope after 3 miscarriages. I always promised myself should I ever have my own success story, I would come back to share my story to give hope to others.

Well last week my rainbow baby was finally born. A little girl, Juliet, made her appearance 5 weeks early but is perfect in every way.
Due to my bicornuate uterus, she was also breech so I had to undergo an emergency c-section. All went well however and Juliet and I are doing great.

I just want to tell anyone who has/is experiencing the awfulness of recurrent miscarriage, please dont give up. There is always hope and you will get your rainbow baby's too.
I was never given a cause for my miscarriages, it was just a case of 4th time lucky. Ive seen the statistics and for some ladies its just 5th time lucky, or 6th. As difficult as it is, a positive mindset will help and I wont lie, you'll be scared as hell thoughout the entire pregnancy and the thought of a scan may make you physically sick.

But it will happen for you too, one day. Just dont give up

Wow congratulations cocosherbie, gives us all some hope for a happy ending :)

Congratulations!!! I'm 7 weeks 4 days with my 6th time lucky baby, just taking a day at a time xx

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

Juliet is one of my favourite girls names too <3

Congratulations cocosherbie :)

I also have had multiple mc's.. Testing didn't show any reason for them but my consultant prescribed cyclogest (i read that this can help with the NK issue but not sure), asprin and folic acid. I can relate so much to the ladies that say they get pregnant really easily but struggle
To keep hold.

I'm pregnant for the 6th time now, and i have no idea what happened but it seems to have stuck, 14+5 today i still can't believe i made it to the second tri.

I used to get so angry with consultants/doctors who would just say 'keep trying' as when you've just miscarried, that's the last thing you want to hear. I hope this continues on and is my rainbow baby xxx

Congratulations cocosherbie!

I've just joined the realms of recurrent miscarriage.

I have sadly just suffered my second mmc.

I had my first mmc in September last year. Baby stopped growing at around 6 weeks. We found out after I had some spotting at 8+4 and I miscarried naturally at 10+1 while waiting for a confirmation scan from the hospital. The whole process took 4 weeks from start to finish and was emotionally the most horrendous experience of my life. At the scan after the mc they could still see a thickened area in my uterus do wanted to be sure that I had passed everything, so I had to have a final scan 2 weeks later.

My second mmc was discovered on Sunday at a private reassurance scan. I was supposed to be nine weeks but sadly baby was measuring only eight weeks with no heart beat. I am in absolute disbelief that this has happened again, I just can't believe it.

The private clinic referred me to the EPU where I had another scan which confirmed the mmc. I was booked in for an ERPC on Wednesday and am now recovering at home.

I had a son 3 years ago, so I never imagined that we would be in this position. As it's only my second loss, I won't get any testing or support for future pregnancies unless I have a third loss. I will discuss it with my gp though and see what she says.

Pregnancy will never be the same again after this. Whereas previously the sight of a positive test was met with sheer joy and excitement, it will now be met with fear and the expectation of yet another loss.

Because both of my losses have been missed miscarriages, there have been no signs that anything has gone wrong so I literally will not be able to relax until I have a scan which shows a baby at the stage it should be with a little heart beating away.

I think hubby and I will ntnp for a while before we start ttc properly again. Just to give us some time to recover from this again.

I hope and pray that we don't have to go through this ever again and that my next pregnancy brings me and hubby our rainbow.

XX

Hi everyone,
I started this thread in May when I guess I was at my lowest point of hope after 3 miscarriages. I always promised myself should I ever have my own success story, I would come back to share my story to give hope to others.

Well last week my rainbow baby was finally born. A little girl, Juliet, made her appearance 5 weeks early but is perfect in every way.
Due to my bicornuate uterus, she was also breech so I had to undergo an emergency c-section. All went well however and Juliet and I are doing great.

I just want to tell anyone who has/is experiencing the awfulness of recurrent miscarriage, please dont give up. There is always hope and you will get your rainbow baby's too.
I was never given a cause for my miscarriages, it was just a case of 4th time lucky. Ive seen the statistics and for some ladies its just 5th time lucky, or 6th. As difficult as it is, a positive mindset will help and I wont lie, you'll be scared as hell thoughout the entire pregnancy and the thought of a scan may make you physically sick.

So nice to see a positive outcome. Congrats on the arrival of your little one xx

Hi everyone,

Lots of congrats, it is so nice to read an update with a happy ending, enjoy lots of cuddles with baby Juliet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back