Recommended Bambinex Teddys, but not sure. Help!!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I filled out an enquiry form online at the nappy lady. I don't have a tumble drier, so need to line dry, dry on an airer or radiators. I will wash nappies every day, but need quick drying nappies. I was recommended the Bambinex Teddy nappy, but am not sure. I think these need the plastic covers over them. I don't understand all the different types of nappy, but loves the brightly coloured nappies!
Can anyone shed some light on different types or recommend a type or brand that works for you? I also need fairly quick drying ones in view of the fact I don't have a tumble drier.
I thought this would be easy, but I'm soooooooooooo confused :wall2::wall2::wall2:

Thanks

Sunnyb xxx

I use totsbots easyfits as my staple nappy. Its an all in one nappy but it folds out and I find it dries quite quickly. I put them on the line to dry the other day and it took the day to dry, but they got dry :) Where as others that I use can take longer.

If you want really fast drying nappies then go for anything that is microfiber (such as bambinex). You can also use Little Lambs as well in microfiber. Bumgenius have microfiber inserts in them and theyre good nappies that can last from birth to potty. Have you thought about terry sqaures? I tried them and wasn't keen as Im a bit lazy and prefer to have an all in one nappy. But some people find them fantastic and its such a lazy way of doing cloth! You can boil wash the terrys everytime so theyre always looking brand new, theyre cheap so you can buy a fair few which would eliminate the issue of drying time and theyll last for ages! Then you can just buy pretty wraps to go over them :)

I didn't really want to go for Terry nappies, as like you I prefer the easy way! I think the Nappy Lady also mentioned the Bum Genius nappies too. I am just so baffled by it all. But at least I've got 2-3 months to research them. Where's the best place to buy & try? eBay?? I know it's good to buy second hand as the more they're washed the more absorpbent they become don't they?
Sorry about all the questions!

Sunnyb xxx

On the sister site there is a buy and sell for nappies. Its where I got most of my first nappies as I brought mostly preloved nappies first. You can get some really good deals. Ebay dont tend to have any 2nd hand ones as its their policy to not sell used nappies but sometimes they get through, so always worth a look.

If you wanted to buy new, I LOVE cheeks and cherries. The websites so pretty :blush: And they have pretty much all the brands available and theyre brilliant for advice. Its so much easier to get your head around nappies once you can actually hold one. Sounds wierd but I just couldnt understand them until I had brought them and then you only truly understand once your LO starts pooping in them!

Sorry to sound daft - but what sister site?? I'm going to buy a couple of different second hand ones & see what I like best & then order more of my favourite one. Is there also a nappy better suited for night times, or do you just out a thicker liner in them?
Thanks for all your advice so far too, it's really really appreciated!

Sunnyb xxx

Night nappies in a whole different matter lol. Youll need seperate nappies for that really as they sleep for longer periods. Ive tried a fair few and now settled (I think!) on Bitti Boo nappies by Itti Bitti (If your going to the baby show theyll be there). Its best to have a fitted nappy for night time and them a wrap and it will also need to be bamboo really. A microfibre nappy wouldnt be absorbant enough. They will take longer to dry but you can pick them up quite cheap second hand so you could buy about 5/6 to allow drying time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back