reassurance

Pickledonions

Reaction score
i have had a cold since saturday fairly mild but it wont shift at all. Im worried because i dont seem to able to shift the gunk and i think its gonna turn into a chest infection. I cant get a drs appointment until friday which is fine but please reassure me that joshua is ok. Im only not able to shift it because my body is protecting baby right. I know he is ok atm hes kicking and moving. Am g just being silly. Im going drs friday he will be ok right?

If your snotty, cut out dairy! I was told that years a go and think it helps me feel better when I have a cold paired with honey and lemon. I'm sure your LO will be fine :)

thats interesting im gonna give that a try tomorro thankyo hun

Ur little one will be fine hun it will just be you feeling rubbish baby will be fine x

I've just got over a really heavy cold. The dairy thing is true apparently it promotes mucus production. I survived by using Vicks vaporub (sparingly), lockets (sparingly) and paracetamol when I got really desperate. Also doing the steaming thing worked for me as well. Oh yes and lots and lots of sleep.

He'll be absolutely fine! Hope you feel better soon, too!

cool thanks for that kitty it s so worrying isnt it . I havnt used vicks for years!

I've just got over a really heavy cold. The dairy thing is true apparently it promotes mucus production. I survived by using Vicks vaporub (sparingly), lockets (sparingly) and paracetamol when I got really desperate. Also doing the steaming thing worked for me as well. Oh yes and lots and lots of sleep.

Your better than me I OD'd on it!

Also forgot to mention I had my 20 week scan last friday and the cold was well on the way out by then. Bubs was fine and his kicks have only got stronger since.

FYI, the NHS website lists medications and products it deems safe to use during pregnancy, so I just looked up stuff there. Whatever I did use was sparingly anyway.

Why cant you get app till Friday? They gave me one when they 'had no appointments till 5pm tomorrow' soon as I said I was pregnant I was in the waiting room 15 mins later waiting to see my doctor, funny that. x

Last edited:
Why cant you get app till Friday? They gave me one when they 'had no appointments till 5pm tomorrow' soon as I said I was pregnant I was in the waiting room 15 mins later waiting to see my doctor, funny that. x
i have no idea will phone first thing tomorro tho to check again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back