Stress!!!

DebbieM

Reaction score
Our oldest nephew (7) came home from school last Friday with diarrhea. Then his Dad got it and after spending all day together on Sunday at a friends house my sister ended up with a full blown stomach bug and so did my youngest nephew Callum (10 months). I have a really hard time (almost a phobia) about stomach bugs so stayed well clear and worried all week that Matt or I were going to get it too but luckily didn't and my sis told me to stay away).

Kaden - our middle nephew (2) got it a few of days ago but he has recovered well, and Ryan ended up being sick on Saturday night too but he seems ok. He has been off school today because he looked poorly and wasn't himself but he's (hopefully) going back tomorrow, but Callum (only 10 months old) is still a bit poorly and having trouble holding food down. The thing with Callum is that even at 10 months he is still very little compared to other babies his age so he can't afford to lose any weight at all. He is so tiny and fragile looking.

Anyway, Kaden woke up this morning with a bad chest so was taken straight to the Drs who gave im anti-biotics.

Tonight... he sounded like he was struggling to breathe earlier so they rushed to the NHS Walk In Centre and Matt and I went too as we were really worried and they put him on a nebuliser for a while but it didn't help. So they have sent him straight to the childrens ward that Callum was on at the weekend. They're going to put him on a nebuliser there for a few hours and see what happens. They said it is very likely that he will be there all night.

I just can't believe that is 2 of them in the space of 72 hours with 2 different ailments. My poor sister is at her wits end and we both feel pretty useless and stressed :(

Thanks. He is waiting to go down for an X-Ray now as they think that he may have a partially collapsed lung (although they have already said he has croup) so they need to check it. he's had a nebuliser which didn't work and steroids an hour ago which can take 2 hours to kick in. Poor little mite :(

Awww poor thing! I really hope he gets better soon, and the rest of the boys.. and it doesn't sound like you're being useless atall hun, there's not alot you can do except love and support your family like you are doing now :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope that they can make him better soon, big :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope they get better soon keep us posted on how they are doing

Hope he gets better soon - poor little munchkin :hug: At least he's in the right place now to get sorted out.

Good luck with not getting that tummy bug too - it's been right round our circle of friends and family too!

Just been to the hospital and he wass discharged while we were there! :D

I know this is a bit belated but glad they are all ok, especially little Callum. And well done for being a great aunty :hug:

(((((Debbie)))))))

I have only just seen this xx

Im so glad they are on the mend now xx

my thoughts are with you and your family and I hope they all continue to get better xxx

You sound like a really ace aunty!!

Glad he's out of hospital and doing better - here's hoping they all get well soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back