Reassurance Please - need to call the midwife?

jussy

Reaction score
I noticed a browny coloured discharge/bleeding last night before I went to bed and then had a few sharp pains right in the middle of my abdomen, these passed quicklt. I have had spotting today, started brown and is now like a pinky colour. Sorry if this is too much info but could someone shed some light on whether I should be worried and call the midwife? I haven't had a scan yet, my first is booked for this coming Friday. Thanks

im 6 weeks pregnant and ive had brown/pink spotting for about 3 weeks now.

i went for an early scan because of this, and everything was fine.
if ur really worried then call ur midwife and she might get u in for a scan sooner to put ur mind at rest xx :hug:

I had a brown discharge at 7 weeks and light bleeding with clots at 8 weeks. Both times I contacted my EPU who gave me a scan both times. Thankfully everything was fine and I saw the heartbeat. I suffered from a light brown discharge up until around 10 weeks.

I think that you will be alright but if you are worred contact your GP first thing, or if you are in a lot of pain, give your EPU a call. They will be most helpful.

Let us know how you are getting on. xxx

i would go to the hospital just to be on the safe side.. as if your blood type is resus negative you might need to have an anti D injection just incase your body starts attacking the baby..

just mostly to put your mind at ease i would go and say you have been spotting xx

I just called the weekend midwife service and she said that I should sit tight till my scan on Friday unless it gets worse then I should call the GP out of hours service - didn't feel very reassuring.

well ring back tomorrow and tell her its a little worse.. i know its fibbing but it will put ur mind at rest sooner

My midwife told me that brown loss around the time of your period is normal and not to worry. If you are not happy with what your midwife has advised then maybe ring your local EPU and see what they say? :hug:

Definately go through you EPU,

they seem very efficient and it's really easy for them to sort out a scan - they be able to squeeze you in monday if you ring early. I know it is really worrying so a scan is the best way to get some reassurance - that's what I've done.

happy_chick said:
My midwife told me that brown loss around the time of your period is normal and not to worry. If you are not happy with what your midwife has advised then maybe ring your local EPU and see what they say? :hug:

I was told this too! And it happened to me at 16 weeks, which would have been period time! You might be the same!

xxx

thanks everyone. I have had a bit of pain again in the middle and really bad lower back ache. Still only very light spotting (still brown). I think I will try to get in at the EPU tomorrow. Its playing on my mind too much. thanks again everyone.

:hug: Good for you jussy.... this is your baby and your pregnancy, the EPU is there for YOUR reassurance.... So please do go. :hug:

Please note what the other ladies have said, Many ladies have spotting in early pregnancy, (some straight though too)especially around period due dates..... We also become quite vascular in pregnancy and can even have RED blood, after sex etc, but baby is FINE... so try not to worry to much...

But like someone said above.... Call the EPU, Tell them about the bleed/spotting and ASK for a SCAN.... not advice, but a SCAN.. it goes so far to putting your mind at rest..and you get to see bubs early aswell as going for your regular scheduled appointment.

Good luck doll, let us know how you get on.. Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Jinx!!!
I get my first scan on friday too but yesterday and today I have woken up with a small amount of brown discharge but no further spotting or colour change...just happens while I'm asleep. I have been feeling extra tired and sick all week though...I've really been struggling to eat too :(
I've been worried but figured if it was anything bad suck as signs of miscarriage then nobody can do anything about it anyway, but I've comforted myself with the fact that there is no actual blood or period pains (I've had cronic back ache since becoming pregnant and used to suffer with discomfort up m spine before anyway cause I keep popping the vertibrea out :roll: ) and at least I'll get all the answers I need on friday.

I'm leaving it all up to 'Him' :pray:

Jus6t relax and rest and if anything else upsets you then go to your docs again

oh good, that puts my mind at rest from hearing about your experiences too. Im 6 and a half weeks pregnant and had brown bleeding now for a few days, mainly at 3ph ish.
I just spoke to the midwide, and she said its all quite normal early on and they wont do scans till about 8 weeks. It could be still part of the implantation bleed as its early on still.
Has put my mind at rest alot more, hearing about others on here having similar things.

Got a scan today. Bad news. I was pregnant with identical twins but they have stopped growing. I've chosen to wait and have the miscarriage at home rather than having the operation. I am obviously very upset but feel a little annoyed that they didn't talk me thru the scan they just said at the end that it was twins and that they'd stopped growing thats it.

I called my midwife after, ahe suggested that I keep my Friday scan just to be talked thru what they can see.

Not sure what to do really. :cry:

omg!! im so sorry!

i dont know what to say to you.. im so so so sorry. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111