Really unhappy with my dr!

I went this week was told here's some tablets to help with the sickness and come back after 8 weeks (I'm 7 today) and il refer you-

Knowing our mw she's so great (which is why I won't change docs) it will be gone 12 weeks before I can get an appointment with her :/

Hi Jayjay, that's pants. My dr was rubbish also. The midwives aren't usually attached to the surgery so I'd just get one of their mobile numbers and so everything direct with them hun. Hope your sickness doesn't return, I remember how bad you were last time with it xx

I'm just going to phone the midwife directly on Monday morning and get the ball rolling myself. Can midwives prescribe anti-sickness meds? X

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I'm not sure. I would have thought so, I know HVs can prescribe stuff so probably x

I changed dr surgeries recently and when I found out I was pregnant again I phoned the receptionist to ask what the procedure was, and she said I had to book an appt with the dr. My appt was yesterday afternoon and the more I think about it, the unhappier I am with the appt!!
With my 1st pregnancy at my old surgery, I told the dr I was pregnant, she had a feel of my tummy, sent me for a preg test with the nurse and got me booked in with the community midwife for my booking in appt.
This time, however, I told him I was pregnant, he took my word for it and told me I wouldn't hear anything now until I got my letter for my 12wk scan!!! He also refused to be helpful about my hyperemesis and told me that I probably would get it and there was nothing I could do about it yet.
I'm so frustrated. Aren't I supposed to have a booking in appointment before my 12wk scan??
Did he miss something? Does this seem normal? My other surgery were so much better I miss them so much :( x

Tri-hopping here... To be honest, your other surgery did stuff that was completely unnecessary - the feel of your tummy and the pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests are so sensitive nowadays that another blood or urine test done by a GP or nurse will merely confirm what you already know, which is a bit of a waste of your time and theirs. Your experience with your second GP is much more like what normally happens, except he really should have either referred you to the midwife or given you their number to contact them direct. You should have a booking appointment before your 12 week scan.

However, I wouldn't be impressed with someone ignoring my concerns over hyperemesis, because unlike normal morning sickness, that can be dangerous. I had a similar experience with my GP when I went to ask about my risk of developing pre-eclampsia in my next pregnancy (I really wanted to determine if it was a good idea even to try getting pregnant and the risks to me and baby). She just told me that I could get more through looking at Google than talking to her!!!!

If you can ring the midwives direct, do it. They are far more likely to offer you the support you need. I'm supposed to have weekly bp checks from 30 weeks and when my midwife asked what practice I belonged to, she just said "well I'll be doing that then!" Not a great reflection on my surgery!

Sometimes you have to really push in the NHS for your best interests and yes, you really shouldn't have to do that, but it is worth taking things into your own hands when your surgery aren't that good.

Thank u :) me too x

I'm sure once you've thrown your pregnancy rage at them, they will do whatever you want, they'll be too scared not to :)

Lmao. They'll probably ask me never to return.
I'm going to phone the mw first because I have a feeling I'll get more answers and info from her, so that might put me in a good mood so that the dr doesn't get it full barrels lol x

Did you phone the midwife? any joy? or have I missed it on another post?

I phoned the mw who told me to phone my dr again and tell him how I felt. So I phoned my dr and he said he'd get me booked in for my booking appt with the mw at the surgery so I can have it sooner than 12wks, he said the receptionist would phone me to arrange it.
So the receptionist phoned me later and said they no longer have a pregnancy clinic in the surgery so they'll have to refer me to the hospital. I said I'd already been referred to the hospital but wanted to be seen sooner, and she said she'd call me back. That was yesterday afternoon and I've heard nothing else.
They are as much use as tits on a fish!

that's just crazy, you should have to keep chasing them. Is it too late to change doctors?

I have literally just moved to them. My appt on Thurs was my 1st ever appt there. I might look into different surgeries though, they are not good at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back