First gyno appt.

~Heather~

Reaction score
I'm new to this site. I tested positive today, with an ept. I made my first appt to see the Dr. for next Friday. Can anyone tell me what I can expect at this visit? What all will the Dr do?

i saw my GP on monday, just as i expected nothing much happened. after i told her i was pregnant she just asked a couple of questions (do i smoke/drink etc - which i don't) and took my weight/height details. as home tests are so reliable now, she didn't do another test. after 5-10 minutes i went out to reception and gave my details to be passed on to the community midwife team and i got an info pack. the following day the midwife phoned me and arranged my booking appointment for the 22nd june. i believe this is supposed to last 1 - 1 1/2 hours, and the midwife is visiting me at home as it is my first appointment.

not sure if it works the same way where you live though?

At my docs appmt, I told him Id had a positive test, he said dont eat this, dont eat that, he worked out my due date, and prescribed me some folic acid and that was it! reception told me the midwife would call me and she didnt! so I called her and left message on machine, still not heard from her! Im 12 weeks, a bit annoyed now! will have 2 try calling her again, but surely I shouldn't have to chase her up like this?
xx

That really sucks Lauz! I've seen my midwife twice and have my first scan booked for next week. I don't think you should have to chase them up, its really bad!

Thanks Ladies! I'm ready to see my Dr. I want to know excately how for along I am. Some websites say 4 weeks 5 days, and then another website says I am 5 weeks.

I think It really depends what site and what they go by. Some will say that when you are 6 weeks that you are in your 7th week if you know what I mean because you complete 7 weeks at the end of it? i know it doesn't make much sense. When was your LMP? Oh and the tickers have to be adjusted to agree with your dates (im due on the 28th jan but had to put 25th jan to give me my actual gestation).

midwofe called, I have an appointment on the 16th and will book the scan then, can't wait,I have somethin to look foward to! I will be nearly 13weeks, will I be able to hear heartbeat then?

Heather,

When you go and you're called in or whatever they will weigh you on their scale, and have you take a urine test....(which the nurse will take a pg test on you using your urine before she comes into the room you're in), then you'd probably go into the room and the nurse will come in and ask you some questions, give you a pamphlet of what medications you can take while pregnant, list of numbers to contact nurse, gyno...and just some stuff like that, she'll take your blood pressure, and she'll leave so you can change, nurse and gyno will knock on door and come in when you tell them its ok to, gyno will check you down there...then leave so you can get changed back into your clothes....then gyno comes back in and talks to you for a 'lil bit and then the nurse will take some blood from your arm and that's pretty much it....one you're done with all that you know you go to front desk and they'll ask when you want to schedule your next appointment.

(I don't know if every Doctor does the exact thing but that's what I had to do at my first gyno appointment since becoming pregnant).....
Hope this helps!

Also they tell you how far along you are and your approximate due date....and they ask when you want to make your next appointment which woudl be your first scan or ultra sound (can't remember which one though)!

Yeah I go Saturday 06/18/05 for an ultra sound...NOT SCAN....

I just turned up positive last week. I went to a pregnancy center to confirm. And they say I'm already ten weeks. I need to make my gyno appt. This was very informative of what I can expect..... Wish me luck....and good luck heather!!!

~~Kris~~

My last LMP was May 8. So these websites are confusing me, one says 4 weeks one says 5 weeks, so I really don't know just yet. Thanks for all the reponses. I ready to go to the Dr. Some people sais at 5 weeks I would be able to hear the heartbeat. Do you all think I will be able to hear it on Friday when I go?

Good Luck Kris!

Heather,

What does this LMP stand for? I know what a lot of the abbreviations stand for but I never saw or heard of that......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back