Seeing the Dr.?

PinkHank

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Later on I am due to go to the Doctors Surgery for an Ante-Natal Check Up. I have these along side seeing the Midwife. This will be my 2nd one. Do any of you attend your Drs. Surgery for their Ante-Natal? And do you get to see your Dr.? This will be my 2nd one. The one I had a month ago, was my first. I saw the nurse, had weight, height and wee sample etc and few bits of paperwork, then I saw the Dr.
Do you think I will see the Dr this time?

I know different Surgeries work differently, the Midwife at the Hospital told me that our Drs Surgery are the only one around here that hold their own Ante-Natal Clinic, the rest just use the Midwifes and appointments at the hospital.

Interested to see how yours all work.

Thanks

Hi hunni

I dont have anything like that. I'm seen at the hospital until the last 5 weeks, when I am seen every other week by the community midwife at our dr's surgery. Sounds like you have a great service there :)

Hi hunni

I dont have anything like that. I'm seen at the hospital until the last 5 weeks, when I am seen every other week by the community midwife at our dr's surgery. Sounds like you have a great service there :)

Hehe. Yeah, the midwife said our Surgery is very fussy and the only one that does it. She said it can get abit annoying as they end up contridicting each other, but I agree with you. I think its really good that they do it.
Just hoping I get to see the Dr. today, have some worries I need to clear up.

Just to update my own thread, hehe.

I did see both the Dr and the Nurse, I have to go again in 3 weeks time and apparently each time you see the Nurse and the Dr. This is as well as seeing the Midwife at the hospital, so all in all I think its really good. They are taking such an interest at my Drs.

I am almost 12 weeks and yesterday the Dr let me hear the heartbeat. I wasn't expecting to as I thought it was way to early, but she said it was really strong for the time frame. Maybe my dates are wrong? Will find out tomorrow at the scan.

xxx

Wow, a lovely surprise for you then, hearing the heartbeat!
I'll look forward to hearing how your scan goes tomorrow, you could be further along ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back