really starting to worry

kentgall8484

Reaction score
im really wondering how im going to cope just me and a baby. Im a first time mum to be. I just keep worrying i wont be able to cope. Theres noone to give me a break ever and what do i do about sleeping. I guess its just getting close so worryinging.

I was a single mum for the first 3 years of my DD's life. You will manage and it is SO worth it! My tips are sleep when they sleep, don't try to be 'super mum', get on top of housework before baby arrives as that will make keeping on top of it easier. I co-slept with DD too. I would recommend a wrap or a sling too as they help comfort baby but leave your hands free for other things. I had very very little support when DD was tiny. Not until she was 2/3 years old and she started staying at my parents once a month.

thankyou its just so worrying as all i do is think atm. I will try and sleep when little one sleeps. X

im going through exactly the same thing, im havig awful thoughts about all ths at the moment but im sure we will work it all out xxx

it is v hard theres so many questions to ask and noone to ask thats what i find the hardest! X

im quite lucky i have good network of family pm me if yo want xxx

Im in the same boat, Im scared but ya know what women have an amazing resilience, sleep when you can, when ever you can. try and get out teh house once a day with baby even if its just walking round the block - try and meet other single mums too, go to groups, cal on your friends and family when you need support xxx

I am dreading this too specially as i have a one year old son too so sleeping with baby will be out of the question any tips ladies x also having a section so won't be able to lift son so just panicking x

27 weeks pregnant. Team yellow too hope to find out peanuts sex on 26th march x

do you have family around? im sure your be okay you have allready done it once so you know what your in for kinda. are you newly single with this child? x

Its not the parenting that's scaring me just the fact i will be on my tod and i won't have the back up. Like i did last time if i want a break i struggled to get over my first section i don't heal very fast x

As for close family i am 50 miles away from them in hostel thanks to social Services x

27 weeks pregnant. Team yellow x

well they will have to give you help surely even if they kept you in hospital longer? To give you a chance to heal. I guess the problem would be childcare for your other little one x

I have a OH, but if I was doing this alone I would make sure the freezer is fully stocked with pre cooked meals like chilli, lasagne, anything you can heat up quickly. Make a list on a food shopping website, like tesco and save a basket so you can go on line and don't have to waste time going through the site you already have most of what you need saved.

Def sleep when baby does, my OH had to go back to uni the day we came home so i do t have help in the day, and as he has uni i get up through the night, really you wont care but sleep is good when you can get it which is hard in the first wk as you are excited and kind of pumping, all I wanted to do was sit and look at her.

If there is anyone that can help even a friend, when they ask if they can help, see if they will do some washing for you. This has been something I have found hard and I have him here in the evenings, people wont mind.

Don't put pressure on yourself, you will be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back