REALLY Sore Bum :(

DebbieM

Reaction score
Luke's teething and has been more or less okay up until now but he has a REALLY sore, red bum. Matt's been using loads of Bepanthen every time he has changed his nappy today but it's not improving at all. He seems really upset with it and doesn't even want his dinner :(

Other than some nappy off time, what can we do? I hate seeing him like this. It's horrible :cry: :cry: :cry:

A bath with no products always helps Lily. She had a really bad rash last week so I gave her nappy off time for only 10mins and she made it bleed with her crawling :(

I gave her a bath to draw the heat out of it and covered her in Sudocream and changed her nappy and using a barrier cream every 2 hours and it was so much better the next day.

Dont know if thats the best/correct way but it worked wonders for us

Hope Luke is feeling better soon

:hug:

connor's only had nappy rash a couple of times and i swear its because of the nappy... he usually wears nature babycare and his bottom is always fine. but i bought some pampers in an emergency (with that netting bit inside) and his bum went almost instantly red.

i know it doesn't help the potential for nappy rash (ie swallowing buckets of dribble whilst teething) but swapping nappy brands might be worth a shot cos i'm sure some must be better at absorbing and neutralising than others...?

hugs to luke :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

As much nappy off time as poss, water instead of wipes and put some cornflour (used in gravy) just sprinkle it on like talc and it should help.

poor luke :hug:

I always fibnd a lovely cool bath helps and I slap on some nappy cream straight out of the fridge - works a treat!

Have you tried using Metanium instead of Bepanthen? I found it worked much better for Evie :hug: :hug: :hug:

cornflour

I find that bethpathen stuff crap, sudocreme is miles better :hug:

metanium stuff is great! though it will stain if you get it on clothes.

only thing i use on mine when they have a bad rash down there

Maia had a really sore bum these last few weeks I had gone back to using water and cotton wool, loads of nappy off time and my HV recommended Metanium, which I started to use. It did improve and it almost went but then came back with a vengeance. I saw a different HV who said try vaseline, I used it overnight and the next morning it was completely gone. I use it most days now even though it has completely gone, you dont need a lot and its only 95p a tub.

Babylicious said:
cornflour

I find that bethpathen stuff crap, sudocreme is miles better :hug:

Ditto. Bepanthem did zip for Ella's red bum, sudocrem or cornflour is waaaay better.

Thanks everyone. We've used Bepanthen before when his bum has been a little red and it's got rid of it with one application but looks like we need something different this time. This is MUCH worse than anything I have ever seen anyway. Will pick up some Metanium tomorrow and give that a go and also some cornflour.. I always forget that one...

Suze... We did change nappies at the weekend and we did wonder if that was perhaps something to do with it. We were using Pampers Baby Dry and changed to Pampers Active (for daytime) but have swapped back now to what we know if fine, at least til this is gone and we can establish it IS teething.

I find Tescos own brand is very good without the hefty price tag its the one i use and clears up any sore bums the kids have.
Metanium i have found very good in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back