sore bum

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
Hi all, my little one has a very sore red bum, it's like two red sores on each cheek near his bum hole, I only wash it with warm water and cotton wool and Sudocrem seems to be doing nothing to help, have also tried using Metanium and at first it seemed to be getting better but because he poops so much it just never really gets to heal and it just upsets me looking at it :sad: it doesn't seem to be causing him pain but it just looks so sore :sad:

Any idea what else I could do to get it better? he was only 2 weeks last Saturday.

hi there, I was gonna say that meconium stuff 9is that the really strong smelling stuff u can only use for 24 hours?) Just keep trying that when you can and keep with the sudo. Hopefully it will clear soon. Also try and give some naked bum time before bath and during the day ina nice warm room. others may have some more ideas...

x

that cream is good i use it when his bum is bad but i find if after i cleam him i put talc on his bits and it dries out the skin and allows it to heal!! Hes always so much better if i use talc!!

Thanks for the replies, ended up taking him to the doctor and got some cream from him xxx

That's what the doctor gave me but his bum seems to be getting worse? and even bled a bit, I'm so depressed over it and feel awful that I can't help him cries :(

Keep going make sure after every nappy change you wash his bum maybe? Then put cream on fresh. Let him have naked time on a waterproof Mat and let him air it too. Hope he feels better and don't worry xxx

That's what I am doing and will keep it up for now, thanks for the reply I appreciate it xxxx

Have you tried using a barrier cream, when little man was in nappies, I used Lucas Paw Paw balm, brilliant stuff!!! It's all natural, doesn't sting and can be used everywhere, even as a lip balm :) I'm sure you. Am sure you can get it in the Uk too. Sometimes, the stronger creams do more harm than good.

I have, plus this cream from the doctor has that in it and is also for any infections so am gonna try and carry on with this for now and if it's still bad after a week of using like the GP said I will take him back but thanks for the reply xxx

vasaline? have you tried a little of that? I got a tub as my little man had alittle outbreak when he was first born he has it bad at the moment from teething x

Yes using some of that too but gonna take him back to the doctor tomorrow and it's still pretty awful :( and even bled a bit, really stressful and upsetting, just hope he can give me something that will help, thanks everyone xxxx

My auntie gave me great advice when Matthew was really sore! Whip up some egg whites and kind of paint it on, leave it to dry before putting nappy back on! Worked wonders!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Thanks will try it, willing to try anything right now xxxx

I hope it works for you hun!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Took Jacob back to the doctor this morning and he gave him some Canesten cream and a course of antibiotics, have to bring him back again on Friday so he can see how he is doing, he told me not to blame myself that I have just been unlucky because I told him I always keep him clean and fresh and just couldn't understand how it happened and how bad I felt but he told it wasn't my fault but I still feel bad. Anyway I feel that at least something is really being done for him now, last GP didn't seem to care as much to be honest but this one was really lovely anyway just wanted to let you all know and thanks for the support I really appreciated it xxxxx

hey hun, my little man has just been given some dactarin from his as HV said it looked like thrush :S Can't think how he has gotten it again but I constantly get it so maybe I transferred it somehow? x Was just about to say it could be what my little man has. Glad to hear your gettting it sorted out x

Last edited:
aww sorry to hear about your lil one too, this thrush sure does get around :)

Cream isn't working and it's still sore as ever ;( still giving him his antibiotics and taking him back tomorrow, cried my eyes out last night, it's so depressing seeing like this and I can't make it better :(

how many days have you been using it hun My little mans butt went bright red when I first started applying it two days ago it seems to be calming down but still goes red after creams been applied but the rash seems to be dissappearing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back