Really scared! Might loose my house

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
I got court letters through this morning, saying they are going for repossesion, i owe £1350.54 to my morgage and they told me they would take me to court to get a order to pay them back at so much a month.. Not what the letter and forms state, they are claiming possesion and there money..

I have been paying £550 a month and my motgage payment is £491.23 i know its not alot but its all i can afford.. i have paid now for 4 months in a row and yes it has been difficult but we have managed..

Surely because im paying they cant take my house away can they!

I have just had my dad round who has been on the phone to them and it looks like he is going to pay the full amount but it can still go to court they said, so i could end up paying them what we owe and still loose the house anyway..

Im at my wits end i really am, what do i do..

surely they cant take the house when youve paid it :?
Try not to worry :hug: :hug: :hug:

This is what i thought, but they saying cos we been in arrears for 9 months, they will still take us to court and let the courts decide.. but once the arrears are paid we are in a position to maintain our current monthly payments, cos my mum and dad have taken over our finances and they pay the bills now..

I am worried, the court hearing is 7 days before this baby arrives and we may get kicked out!

I would phone the citizans advice.... they'll be able to give you better advice on something like this..good luck :hug:

i have done that, they wasnt a great help, but maybe now they have sent court forms they will do something now.. not sure!

This happened to my mam hun. She paid back the full amount but then they still took her to court. The court threw it out because she had been continuing to pay the morgage and hadnt had anymore arrears since paying back what she owed. Her solictor told her that it was bascially a scare tactic to make sure she didnt get into arrears again and that if the repayment had been made they had never heard of someone actually having their house taken from them, only those people who choose to ignore letters and not deal with or pay the money had lost their homes.

:hug:

that gives me strength melanie thank you..

i hope it is only to scare me, i will never fall in arrears again but god i dont need the stress at the moment... i hope your right hun.. :hug:

No idea about any of this stuff but felt you could probably do with some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Looks like it should work out in your favour from what others have said :D

Aww you poor thing. I know it's easier said than done but you really need to try and relax. It sounds as though things will be OK and they are just trying to scare you.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just try to focus on yourself and your baby. Take care :hug: :hug:

OMG how scary!!

Did you say before that it was your OH's debt, or am I thinking of someone else?

GGG the other one was but this is for the current house we have... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back