Just wanted to share 3 bits of good news with you all

Amanda

Reaction score
Nothing to do with pregnancy at all, but things are finally going right for us for a change! Sorry to bore you all, but I needed to share these!

Two years ago I lent my brothers gf £2546.41 to pay off her credit card, and the agreement was that she would set up a savings account and put £100 per month in it for 26 months, then give me the money. 7 weeks after I lent her the money my brother left her for another woman and then she had him arrested and accused him of physically abusing her and her 8 year old daughter!! She had self-inflicted injuries, and my brothers solicitor advised him to plead guilty as if it went to jury, he would be convicted and would serve time in jail. For 6 months she kept telling me she had would still be paying me back and that she had been putting the money in the account as agreed. In May 2005, I finally asked her for proof and she denied ever agreeing this with me! She said that she had borrowed the money to pay off my brothers debts (?) and that he should have been paying me back. So I took her to the small claims court. After loads of delays and adjournments, we finally got to court on Friday, and the judge did not believe a word she was saying, picked her evidence to bits, only asked me one question, and then ruled in my favour!!!!!!! :dance: So she now has to pay back the full amount with interest and court costs (over £3100) within 28 days, or we can come to a legal agreement, or it goes back to court and she gets a CCJ!! :dance: TBH, it's not the money so much, although that is great, it is the fact that I have finally won and she has been proven to be a liar. My brother was over the moon and nearlly cried with I told him. She has put him through 2 years of hell, and this is payback!

My brother has finally set a date for his wedding!! He is marrying the woman he left her for, and they are an ideal couple, and she is like a sister to me. :dance: They wanted to get married last year, but with the court dates for the assault charges, and then he lost his job, they just couldn't do it. Only thing is that he has booked it for September 8th, which is the day after my EDD!! :roll: :lol:

Yesterday we finally received the letters from the court about the start of the eviction process!! This may not seem like good news to most people, but if you have been following the story, we should have been out by the 7th June, but we had nowhere to go, and the council couldn't house us until we had the eviction notice. I have had to sign the papers and send them back to court, the judge will then set a date for the eviction hearing, and once that is done, we have 14 days to get out! :dance: I've signed them and sent them back yesterday so they should have them for Monday as I don't want any more delays. The council will then have to either house us, or put us in temporary accomodation. It will more than likely be the latter, but we don't mind. Anywhere is better than here. I am just praying that it all happens before LO makes an appearance as I don't fancy moving with a newborn! :shock:

Anyway, that's my weekend in a nutshell!!! :lol:

tankett im really pleased for you hun glad everything is falling into place for you xxxxxxxx

What a fab lot of news, I am so happy for you. I know it wasn't about the money but with your little boy on the way what great timing! I hope you get a house straight away and get a bath! I read you only have a shower and its the same here as baths are rare in Denmark, I miss soaking in the bath so much and shaving your legs in the shower takes much more effort :lol:

Great - at least she didnt get away with it! and now has interest to pay!!
Sorry about the housing stuff that doesnt sound fun.

Yay great news!!! Lets hope this is the start of great things to come xxx

Its fab to hear about someone actually getting whats coming to them. :lol:

Justice all round!!! YAY :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck with it all Tankett.... I just hope that it's not too stressful for you and your family! :pray:

Emilia xx

Thats brill news to start the week with :D & your brothers wedding day is on my birthday...what a great choice hehe :D

skatty said:
as baths are rare in Denmark, I miss soaking in the bath so much and shaving your legs in the shower takes much more effort :lol:

:lol: wait till you are 35 weeks, just getting in the bath is an effort and as for getting out of it :roll:

FANTASTIC!!!!!
You deserve some good news, and a huge HA HA HA HA to the nasty ex. What goes around comes around! So pleased for you (and your brother)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back