question about utilities

fran_23

Reaction score
Just a quick question i didnt really know where to put it but anyway..if i was to move house and i still owe money on my gas and electric can i call up the company and tell them i am moving and keep paying them back from my new house? or do i have to pay it all before i leave? just wondered because i really need to move in february and i wont be able to pay them back before then!

Oh good thanks :) really have to get out of here, too many memories and not enough space!! hehe

Just make sure you get a meter reading before you leave. If you rent get the landlord/agent to witness the meter reading and if you are selling/buying make sure it's written down formally somewhere too.

We were landed with a £400 electric bill from the previous resident of this place when we bought it last year but luckily we had the meter readings written down by our solicitor when we moved in.

yeah thanks :) they have given me gip before about the meter reading but i had a photo on my phone..HAHA! i have a prepayment meter now anyway!

aww good news on that fran, where abouts do you fancy moving hun?

Not too far from where i am as its near my mum and loads of buses and the train station and tescos :) but i want a ground floor flat with a garden so Hayden can run around and play footie safely!! my lease is up on here in february so i'll start looking out after xmas :) be a nice fresh start just the 2 of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back