really really bad pain if i lay on my back

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
for the past couple weeks ive been getting really bad pains if i lie on my back on the sofa/bed ect its like my pelvis is being crushed and i cant sit up either, i can lift my right leg but not my left its so painfull breaking my arm hurt less :shock:
anyone know what it could be?
manda xx

It could be the way he is laying maybe? Could he be trapping a nerve on your left hand side

I have that with pelvic girdle pain (what used to be called SPD). Does you pelvis hurt at other times too or just when you lie on your back? :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had that when i had my '2 week SPD episode' (or whatever it was) round 26-28 weeks - i could lift one leg while lying down but not the other, it felt like my pubic bone was breaking. Luckily it eased off

its only when i lie on my back sometimes when im sat up but not very often
gymbabeliz its sounds exactly the same did you find anything helped it?
manda xx

I have something similar to this and have done since i found out i was pregnant. in the very bottom of your back/top of bum and i feel like im crippld, just cant move even the slightest movement. im at the MW tomorrow so might ask wat it is.

Try heat things - the ones you put in the microwave - or a hot water bottle. Cold might help too. Keep your legs together when you turn over in bed at night and sleep with a pillow between your legs. Arnica may help.
And don't lie on you back if that hurts.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I forgot to say, make an appointment to go see your doctor!
I waited until I could hardly walk and that was a big mistake. Rest, being off work and wearing the tubigrip and support belt help because I am in less pain than I would be without these things due to moving less. But I'm not getting better at all and I won't until after baby is here. On reflection I very seriously wish I went to the doctor around 3 months before I did. If I had, I might still be able to move around without pain.

manda224 said:
its only when i lie on my back sometimes when im sat up but not very often
gymbabeliz its sounds exactly the same did you find anything helped it?
manda xx

what i did was to change my workouts so i didnt train compound exercises on legs....it seemed to stop the problem...i guess that doesnt help you much though :? :? it could be being aggravated by activity of some kind though so make sure you're not doing anything that could be causing it

thanks everyone
will try to get in and see the doctor before the weekend :)
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back