Really bad pain!

ERIN84

Reaction score
Right, I have no idea how to explain this pain. Its below my bump (just at top of the lady garden) and goes all the way round to my back/ top of bum!! As i say, its nowhere near my bump and I have been feeling baby lots today so I'm not worried about that side of it!

Its fine when I'm sitting down but when i'm walking or lift up one of my legs etc....IT KILLS!!! Its like a shooting pain and its really really sore! Thank god I have had a quiet day at work and have not had to be on my feet all day otherwise it would actually have had to come to the point I would have had to cancel clients! :(

I'm sorry if I havent explained it well but does anyone have any idea what it could be? xxx

SPD? have you looked into that to see if it sounds like your symptoms? Hope whatever it is, it passes soon for you :hug: xxx

Sorry, can't help, but really hope this goes away for you soon.

Could it be your muscles just pulling because your walking around a bit?

Hope the pain eases soon :( x

SPD? have you looked into that to see if it sounds like your symptoms? Hope whatever it is, it passes soon for you :hug: xxx

Just read about that and it sounds spot on! :shakehead:

oh dear, make some phone calls on monday and arrange to see a physio asap. The only thing I do know is that rest helps and moving around too much makes it worse, so put oyur feet up!

Eek!! Could be some nerve compression too, a physio would be able to distinguish between SPD and any nerve involvement. Hmmm, rest does help to an extent but you really have to watch not to overdo it. Keep those knees together in the meantime, avoid stairs etc. Has it come on suddenly?

Oh no, you might be in the same club as me and megsmeadow - not fun. I started a thread last weekend about it, but i would describe the pain i get as a very painful pressure pain, i'm in agony when its at its worst and struggle to walk, normally when i've overdone it. I hope its not that, but as above best to take it easy and get it checked out asap. I found some really good info while searching online, it might be worth a quick look. Its lists do's and don'ts, hope your ok and feel free to pm me if you want a chat x :hug:

http://www.acpwh.org.uk/docs/ACPWH-PGP_Pat.pdf

Eek!! Could be some nerve compression too, a physio would be able to distinguish between SPD and any nerve involvement. Hmmm, rest does help to an extent but you really have to watch not to overdo it. Keep those knees together in the meantime, avoid stairs etc. Has it come on suddenly?

Yep, came on VERY suddenly! I have been feeling some pain at the very top of my legs for about a week but didnt think much of it then on fri night I moved in bed during the night and it killed!!!! :mad: Woke up and was in pain all day yesterday. As I say, it was so bad that if I had had more clients booked in at work, I would had to have cancelled (and thats very not me!)

It's still very very sore today! I will ring mw first thing tommorrow morning and she what she says. I really hope its not going to cause me too much problems and I can get something to help as I just cant finish work any earlier than planned...

Oh no, you might be in the same club as me and megsmeadow - not fun. I started a thread last weekend about it, but i would describe the pain i get as a very painful pressure pain, i'm in agony when its at its worst and struggle to walk, normally when i've overdone it. I hope its not that, but as above best to take it easy and get it checked out asap. I found some really good info while searching online, it might be worth a quick look. Its lists do's and don'ts, hope your ok and feel free to pm me if you want a chat x :hug:

http://www.acpwh.org.uk/docs/ACPWH-PGP_Pat.pdf

Thanks, Katiejane, I will read through that! I would describe the pain exactly the same, a really bad ressure pain. Do you get it round the back too? thats where mine was worse yesterday. I was almost in tears, it was soooooo sore! I had to take 2 paracetomol which I hate doing while pregnant but had no choice xx

Yes I get it in the back too, it was the lower back pain last week that worried me - i thought i was starting niggles towards labour lol, because the pressure pain was so heavy and sore too, shooting down to my bits and top of the legs. I'd been struggling for weeks, but not saying anything, everytime i did the food shop i'd end up with a bad pain sort of the top of my legs, in my side, i thought it was a stitch. Ironing and cleaning and normal day to day stuff was taking forever and getting me very frustrated, but i didn't know why. It all made a bit more sense when the diagnosed me at the hospital and i read more about.

I've not been too well all the way through the pregnancy and went off sick in january, i've now taken redundancy so i don't have to go back which is good. It would have been very difficult if i needed to work, so I really feel for you honey. But you have to put yourself first, you can only do what you can physically manage, and the way i see it i'd rather be having to rest at home rather than in hospital! Just be careful not to push yourself honey, its not worth it. Also the paracetamol - i'm with you on that, i've hardly had anything all pregnancy, i've been so careful. Now i have to take two co-codomols every 4 - 6 hours, and i hate it, i'm so worried about hurting baby william, although i've been told by various different people it won't hurt him, just don't take them during delivery, i still struggle but the pain killers are helping and i'm getting a lot more sleep now. I'm also having physio on Thursday so I may learn more then too, if I get any good tips i will share them. Also Megsmeadow has been wonderful with me this week and given me loads of advice and support and listened to my moans. Hope i've not gone on too much lol x

Aw thanks Katiejane! Erin, just what she said, please take care of yourself! Does sound very SPD-like with round ligament pain thrown in for good measure. My pain started off as sacroiliac pain (coccyx pain) and gradually moved round. Definately get it checked out. It's important to know if there is any nerve compression too (baby can be lying on important nerves) as that may involve slightly different management. I can totally understand you not wanting to let clients down but pushing through it will do more damage in the longer term and really what we're aiming for is a speedy recovery after birth, our bodies will have enough to do!!!
Take care honey, like Katie said, feel free to PM or FB anytime! :hug:

Thanks girls! Its so good to have people to talk to about this kind of stuff on here! I'm feeling better today but the pain is still there. Will ring my mw tommorrow and see what she says. xxxx

No problem, but you're right some of the people i've met and talk to on here are in valuable and always help me and make me feel reassured, you're all stars and i don't know how i'd get through all this without you. Anytime you need to chat don't hesitate, let us know what your MW says tomorrow xx

Glad you're feeling better Erin - hope you get a referral from your MW x

i have been getting apain in the girly bit region like a shooting pain when im walking the dog quite often, it isnt in my legs though?

i also have severe back pain but im back pain person anyway from too many years of riding horses.

hhmmmm wonder what it is x

How have you got on today hun? Did your midwife refer you to physio? Hoep youre feeling a bit better x

Thanks for asking Tiny, this day has just been a bloody washout! (Doesnt sound like you have had a great day either)

I rang up to find out my mw is off until Thurs (I have an appt to see her then too) and I got this really arsy, horrible woman who said "i suspect its nothing but just wait and speak to Jo about it on Thurs".

I was so upset over the whole bedsheet malarky that I couldnt be bothered to argue. Will speak to my nice mw when she is back and will be telling her what I think of this other woman too. x

:hug: why do they make it so difficult eh?! If youre in pain then its not 'nothing'. You shouldnt have to be in pain and youve got every right to get help to try and reduce it! Im fairly certain some midwives think that pregnant women get in the way of their job!

When I rang the hospital (because it was early saturday morning, so couldn't call mw) they tried to fob me off, probably constipation, take 2 paracetamols and call back in an hour, called back pain still really bad, oh prob just a general ache and pain of pregnancy or baby lying on a nerve. I really had to push to be seen, and that was tbh because the ladies on here were telling me to get checked out and not be put off. They do try and fob you off, but it turns out I needed to be seen and needed to be aware of SPD because i've had to alter everything I do, take pain killers and really slow down. Don't let them fob you off, you know your own body xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back