Really nervous now

BabyGagasMum

Reaction score
I had a consultant appointment today. Im 13 weeks. I had my LO at 27 weeks in 2009 and we want to make sure that doesnt happen again.

They have booked me a scan for 17 weeks where they will measure my cervix length. After the 20 week scan they will decide how often to scan me afterwards.

At each appointment I have to give a urine sample and have swabs taken to check for infection. ARGH! I hate swabs! But it'll be worth it!

OH was cringing for me when I had one done today :rofl:

So, now I know consultant appointments arent things to look forward to! But its all worth it! :)

Glad they're keeping a close eye on you hun! I hate thr thought of swabs and stuff! Proper makes me cringe! But here's hoping you have like a gazillion thousand cos baby will stay right up to his/her due date :yay:

It's good their keeping an eye on you!! Feel sorry for you with the swabs though! Must be uncomfitable!! x x

Its flipping horrid, didnt realise what i was in for til she reminded me "You've had a smear before, right?" :shock:

And then i burst out laughing because i couldnt relax

Last edited:
What a pain, but you won't mind as it will help prevent another early baby.
I just read some of your preemie page, and wow what a story Hun. I looked at your pics of alex in may last year at 27 weeks plus 4, and it was hard to believe that's only 2 weeks 3 days away for me, I can't see my baby is at that stage yet. What did she weigh when she was born?

Hi JJ Mum - thank you!

Alex was surprising 'heavy' for her gestation. We were told she was 2lb 4oz, but we later discovered it was in fact 2lb 14oz :shock:

She would have been a biggy at full term! :rofl:

It was quite a shock and hard to understand that she was that 'big', I think when you're pregnant at that stage you dont actually realise they are no longer lil beans at that stage!

However at the same time I was stunned to find that the tiny baby in intensive care was mine!

Before Alex was born, I couldnt hold newborns as I thought they were too fragile :rofl: :rofl: You can imagine I am over that now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back