Midwife or consultant?!

dollface79

Reaction score
I am being consultant led due to health risks... he last time i saw my midwife she told me to book in with her when i'm 16 weeks. But i jusy got a letter from docs saying i have consultant appointment in 2 weeks... do i still book with midwife? ARGH!

Im having consultant led care, but still seeing Midwife. Maybe book it for the week after consultant appt? So they're not in the same week? x

My next hospital appointment is with consultant due to bronchiectasis (lung condition). I still see midwife at gp's surgery on top of that.

I would book your midwife appointment for 16 weeks and just attend both.

I am also under consultant led care due to having a high risk pregnancy (had severe pre-eclampsia and LO had severe IUGR) I haven't seen a midwife at all in this pregnancy, instead attend two different clinics at hospital. The first is for regular obstetric appointments but these are carried out by a consultant rather than a midwife. The second is a medical obstetric clinic where I see both an obstetrician and a cardiologist. Although they check baby's heartbeat and things this clinic is primarily about my health in pregnancy rather than the baby.

Sometimes these appointments occur during the same weeks but although there is some overlap they are for different things. Could be this be the case with you? x

Yes- I ma consultant led care & my consultant said it's still important to see midwife- see it as extra support- and another set of eyes looking after you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back