Really confused - can anyone help?

Stressyhead

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not sure what I'm hoping to achieve by writing this down but I suppose I'm just after some reassurance / advice?

A bit of background would probably help first of all :) I've recently got married to my partner of 8 years, last July, and we decided a little time after to start trying for a family. We are both 26 this year. We wanted to try and conceive around July this year (if possible) so I came off the pill (microgynon) in January this year as I've been on it since I was 16 and it's the first time I've had a break from it in 10 years.

Well after my normal withdrawal bleed, my periods completely stopped. I had no symptoms, no spotting, no pms or cramping, nothing. I've read a few articles which say that sometimes it takes up to a year for your body to get back to normal after being on the pill for so long...possibly even longer. This was a huge shock to me as I had absolutely no idea that this could happen (bit naive of me to think that I would instantly return to normal after tricking my body into not ovulating for years I guess!)

Anyways I took a pregnancy test in March just to make sure I wasn't pregnant (we'd thrown caution to the wind when we were intimate as we wanted to conceive anyway) and it was negative.

Well throughout the month of March also my sex drive was sky high (which is really unusual for me and my OH was definately not complaining!! Lol) I hope I'm not saying TMI but we had unprotected sex at least 10 times because like I said, we threw caution to the wind. The last time this happened was 1st April (yes I know, April Fool!!!! Lol).

Well at the beginning of the week I've felt unusually tired, had a few little cramps as if I'm about to have my period but then nothing happened. Beforehand, when I was on the pill, I had really bad cramps and lots of bleeding which lasted for 3-4days (but then I don't know if this was "normal" as I was on the pill if you see what i mean?>??) 2 days ago I noticed some alternating brown colouring and pink colouring when I wiped (sorry if TMI again!!) so then I'm on the internet looking up the symptoms thinking could this be my true period arriving finally and then all I find is that this could mean I'm pregnant?

I still haven't had the full blown bleeding and painful cramps but I feel like there's something going on in there if that makes sense but nothing's coming of it?

I'm going to take a test on 22nd April and it will be 3 weeks since the last time we had unprotected sex but I'm so frustrated that I have to wait that long to find out!! Also, I have absolutely not a clue as when my period is supposed to start so how do I know if I am "late"? I know most pregnancy tests say test after your period is due but I haven't a clue as to when that is - how will I be able to tell? :wall2:

I'm sorry I'm rambled on for so long - it's just I feel like a fool if it's not pregnancy symptoms - i mean I havent got sore boobs or nausea or anything like that at the moment so I'm wondering If I'm being a drama queen and it's psychosamatic? (sp?) :roll:

Anyways thank you for reading this far and for putting up with my ramblings!!! I hope someone can help :( xxx

P.S. Also wanted to add, next weekend and the weekend after I have 2 social gatherings where I know people will be wanting me to have alcoholic drinks, I would never drink when I'm pregnant but as this is before I can test, do I stay clear just in case? This may cause suspicion from others as to why I'm not drinking and I'm a rubbish liar if I say I'm on antibiotics!! x

Last edited:
Hi hun ,
Its really tricky but i think ur right to wait ten days frm last :bd: episode then test! Hopefully its a bfp for you xx

Babydust to all

Hi stressyhead not much to add as I think you are going the right thing by waiting to test. I really hope you get the result you want. Try to relax and if at all possible try not to dwell on it. X j

Thanks for the reply both of you. Sorry for the long story it's just it helps to get it out of my head and in writing to make sense of whats happening.

Do either of you think I could be pregnant from the symptoms? Or do you think it's wishful thinking?

xx

I think hun ur body can trick u last cycle I had all the 'symptoms' barring the missed period i think u need to take it a day at a time then test x

Babydust to all

Hi stressyhead, AF and pregnancy symptoms can be one and the same. Many of us ttc have been tricked by this on several occasions. You are right to wait to test. With regards to drinking, it won't do any harm to have a few drinks as long as you're not getting really drunk, if you are just a few weeks pregnant it won't do any harm, it's worse if it's further on.

My only advice to you at this stage is to try and not tell anyone that you are ttc (not that you would). That is one of my biggest regrets, I was so excited to be ttc that I was a bit 'free' with who I told and now, over 2 years later I feel like a right idiot that I'm still not pregnant. It's just awkward and I wish someone would have told me that back then. Good luck hun xx

Taking it day at a time is probably best advice.

If you are worried about the drinking thing, get some cheap pregnancy tests (either the ones on amazon, or supermarkets normally do a cheap one), worth it for some peace of mind even if it is a false negative as too early.

Good luck and welcome to the madness!

Hiya hun.
Only way to know for sure is wait then test.

Hello. Yeah your maybe just best to wait as if you are you may get a false negative if you test too early. Sorry not much help but FX.

Charlotte
X

Thanks everyone for your replies and support. Think I might look into getting one of those early tests next week if I get too impatient - I realise there's probably a very small chance I could get a positive result now.

Thanks for the advice on the drinking, I didn't realise that it only affected things later on. I definately won't get drunk as I don't like getting really drunk anyway but that's made me feel better.

I really hope I am pregnant..as we can't wait to start a family. If not, I hope it'll be soon. I just really hope we'll be lucky enough. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back