Re: EWCM

amandap1

Reaction score
Sorry if I am driving everyone mad with questions!

Does anyone know if it is imperative that you have EWCM to conceive? Or any amount of CM for that matter?

My Clear Blue monitor showed peak fertility on Sunday but on Monday there was very little if any CM and was very dry?

I am taking Evening Primrose to help with this but have to say I have never noticed any at all at any point in the month and have been doing the cervical tests now for 2 months!

It is pretty important to have EWCM or at least watery CM to be able to conceive. This is because the sperm needs a meduim to swim through, up into the fallopian tubes. Also sperm can survive in EWCM for as much as 5 days! If you only had sticky cervical fluid it would get stuck and wouldnt go far. If you have none then it will have nothing to travel through and will die pretty quickly.

I dont always see noticeable EWCM, in fact its only when wiping after a number 2 - I mean wiping the front btw! (sorry TMI :oops: ) . that i notice it really well. The pushing motion seems to release more. If you are worried that you dont have any, you could you a sperm friendly lubricant called pre-seed which mimics EWCM, sperm can survive in it and travel through it and it makes sex very good!

Thanks Loola,

I purchased some pre-seed over the internet last night so looking forward to its arrival!

Loola said:
It is pretty important to have EWCM or at least watery CM to be able to conceive. This is because the sperm needs a meduim to swim through, up into the fallopian tubes. Also sperm can survive in EWCM for as much as 5 days! If you only had sticky cervical fluid it would get stuck and wouldnt go far. If you have none then it will have nothing to travel through and will die pretty quickly.

I dont always see noticeable EWCM, in fact its only when wiping after a number 2 - I mean wiping the front btw! (sorry TMI :oops: ) . that i notice it really well. The pushing motion seems to release more. If you are worried that you dont have any, you could you a sperm friendly lubricant called pre-seed which mimics EWCM, sperm can survive in it and travel through it and it makes sex very good!

I think i noticed cm for the first time after I had been for number 2 too! Pree seed aint working for me in the baby making department. Great sex though!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back