• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rant! Why don't people understand?!

aww bless ya,

id tell her straight, no doggy, just incase anything happens, im a doggy lover, but would never take my dog to any1 elses house, not ever, its just plain damn rude!! lol

good luck hun, but u do need to tell her straight, no driving that far, my hubby wont even let me drive into town which is about 15mins away, just in case, lol

u have to look after u n baby and im sure she will turn up again in a few weeks after baby is born,

good luck hun,

xxx

I had my mother in law show up for the weekend (uninvited) when i had my first daughter and she brung her 3 dogs with her!!! they were messing all over the house and i told her to leave, it was rediculious!
You should maybe just tell her your not feeling too good so will have to arrange a visit for another time after you've had the baby. I certainly wouldnt be putting up with it, i have a dog myself but she is house trained but a 10 week old pup will definatly not be! youre not wanting germs all over your house just before your baby arrives.

I had my mother in law show up for the weekend (uninvited) when i had my first daughter and she brung her 3 dogs with her!!! they were messing all over the house and i told her to leave, it was rediculious!

How did you not end up killing her?!

believe me if i could have gotten away with it i would have. she hasnt been back since cos she wont go anywhere without her dogs, suits me fine lol

How old was your daughter at the time? Like proper newborn?!

Noone loves our dog more than me but I would NEVER assume she can go to someone's house!! She comes to my parent's house and hubby's parents because they love her too but she never goes anywhere else!! What a cheek. Tell her you'll see her after the birth- you don't need the stress!
Pam x

yeah it was the first time she was down to see her so im sure she was a week or 2 old if that!
She has since blamed me cos she doesnt see my daughter because i wont have her mutts in my house!
I honestly couldnt care less!
the dogs were adults but not even house trained, all 3 of them were messing wherever they felt like it. I was raging!

I can't bellieve you freind, she realy hasn't listened to you or what you are saying. Your planning a home birth and near 38 weeks! HELLO!

I would tell her that it's gonna be too much, and not to be offended, but you had no idea shewas going to bring a dog, when you have cleaned and prepared the house for labour at home, tell her hubby is not happy nor you about the driving and maybee would be best to catchup in a couple of months whenyour out and about again with baby.

Also with your mum, I can see a bit awkward there too. Tell her that you really feel uncomfy to be away from home right now, she will have to understand just this time, (if she doesn't pull the old you feel unsettled at the mo, hormones etc card!) baby or birthday? I know which one is more inportant to most people. Sometimes , just sometimes, you have to go with what is best for you.

Hope that all didn't sound too harsh!

Last edited:
i agree with JJ mum,

uv gota tell ur mum u wana stay home, she may think ur over-reacting or what ever wanting to be at home, but for flippin hecks sake, ur having a HOME BIRTH, therefore need to be at home!!?? pfft! lol

but seriously if u dont feel like u want to go to the birthday meal, i wouldnt go, ur only gona be mardy (well i would be) and stress is so not good for u or the little one,

xxx

Well said ladies and JJ Mum not harsh at all!

Mum made a comment on how she's having to 'arrange her own birthday because nobody cares' and did this pathetic child like voice at me. I just flipped at her and said I had more important things on my mind at the moment!

Mothers eh... god I'll be one soon!

God I can't believe your fried would consider bringing a dog round?! I have dogs but under no circumstances do they ever need to go anywhere with me, especially other peoples houses! Strange.

I think every pregnant woman deserves to be as selfish as they like as we all have so much preparation to do and in your late stages definately staying at home would be exactly what I'd do! X

I'm sorry but the Jeremy Beadle bit actually made me laugh far too much :rofl:

I wouldn't be happy about it all either though!!! Even before I'd been pregnant if I'd been going to see a friend who was almost due I would be popping over for a few hours, not assuming it was ok to stay over or bringing a puppy without thinking to mention it first!! (Would she have told you if you hadn't suggested the bus?!) I'd tell her that you're not happy about the dog being there too...is it even house trained?! :eh:

OMG I had to post something back. I have a friend just like this. As ive calmed, married and got preg she has continued to party the nights away and we dont have much in common, but have a lot of history. I think the world of her, but I always have to go around to hers (an hours drive). She's never been to my house and it really gets me down that its me making the effort. Only spoke to her last night and said id not seen her in a while, would she like to come over before babs is here while im on mat leave. She said 'love to see you, but you come through to mine' Some people are so selfish and they dont have a clue!

Anyway, I think your friend is really rude and out of order and inconsiderate (sorry if this offends) fancy expecting to stay and also bringing a puppy. I aint a dog lover either and dont get what all the fuss is about and def wouldnt want one in my house, esp with babs due. Just wanted to post to you because totally identified with you. Hope you have sorted it out?!

Oh anyone else feel used by their friends? I keep getting asked to go places and do things and then they say 'you can drive cant you, you dont mind?' I find it really upsetting and they never offer any petrol money or buy me a soft drink to say thanks! Anyway sorry, had to have my own little rant here xx

I also feel used by my own friends too sometimes as they are always drinking and partying and dont hessitate to phone no matter what time it is for me to give them a lift in the car cos "i cant drink anyway!" I havent done it yet though and told them straight that im not a taxi! They would offer petrol money but thats not the point. I also have heard friends saying that they dont bother with me so much now cos im pregnant and cant drink! Its all they seem to do so i have had to stay away at weekends and find other things to do. It can be hurtful and boring but i will be a better mum at the end of it!

My 'real' friends have done things like invited me out for afternoon tea or popped around for a takeaway. But there are those like youve just said who really dont have a clue and youre right you will be a better mum for it xx

I am also being used as a taxi service which didn't bother me to start with but I now feel like they are taking the piss a bit.

Also, a friend asked me to help pack up her flat tomorrow as she is going travelling for a year. Yes please, I'd love to pack up boxes and crap and do some lifting and shifting.

I've been really good with my mates this entire pregnancy and not cancelled any arrangements but with 2 weeks left I have decided it is time to be selfish and look after number 1. If they are true friends they will still be around once LO pops out.

OMG I can't believe your friend didn't mention the dog how rude. And to just assume they were staying over too is way out of order. I know they probably want to see you before you give birth but I just the assumptions they have made totally inconsiderate and this is the time I feel need to chill and be comfy in my mind.

Glad it's sorted hun.
Totally agree with JJ on the mum thing too :)

Rant alert! I'm so mad I could cry.

I don't know if anyone else has had this but now I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy quite a few of my friends seem to be feeling guilty that I've not seen them and are trying to meet up before baby comes along. Great! Love my friends, nice to catch up before life changes forever.

One particular friend I haven't seen properly for 6 months. We'd arranged last week that she'd come over this coming Monday to see me. I've made it clear to everyone that if they want to meet up they'll have to come to me as my husband is getting a bit wary of me driving so close to due date. So, this friend coming my way is great (she's never been here before, I always go to her). She phoned earlier to ask if I'll pick her up from the train station on Monday as she won't have the car. No probs. Hubby not happy but it's only half an hour away and I presumed I'd have to take her back. So I've messaged her to let her know hubby needs the car Monday evening so she'll need to get a train before 6 or after 8. She's text me back saying she thought she was staying over. Now, under normal circumstances i'd be cool with this and I love having people to stay. However, we're planning a home birth and I don't really want the world and his wife there and if (big if) I go into labour when she's here, she's the LAST person I'd want to be around. She's my fun party loving loud friend and we're going for a calm serene hypnobirth! Husband isn't happy about it either but I've just said, yeah cool no worries. Next she's text me back asking if I can take her to somewhere in South Liverpool where she needs to be on Tuesday morning. This trip, in rush hour could take me well over an hour and I'm starting to feel like she's using me as a taxi service! So, getting really frustrated by this point but husband has come up with a solution and he will accompany her on the bus on Monday as he's heading that way.

She's literally just sent me a message saying she doesn't think she could do that because Misty doesn't travel well on buses. I have no fricking clue who or what Misty is and apparently it's a 10 week old puppy she's rescued. At no point has she asked me if she can bring this bloody dog! I apologise if you're reading this and you're a dog owner but I'm not a dog lover at all. The thought of one being in my house at the best of times would fill me with dread least not a time when I've been spending the last fortnight scrubbing every single nook and cranny of my home in preparation for my baby. I just feel like this is one big piss take and Jeremy Beadle will be popping up with a camera when she arrives!
She knows I'm not a dog lover, she knows I'm house proud and she knows I'm about to have a baby. Why doesn't she get it?! I make it sound like she's a bad person, she isn't and I love her dearly but she's got a very forceful pushy personality sometimes and I'm struggling to get my point across to her.

Sorry for the long rant, sometimes it helps writing it all down and getting it out!

Sometimes in situations as important as this, honesty is the best policy.

Texting for a start I would not advise when being open with her about your feelings. Texts can often be mis-interpreted, and as she is a good friend of yours, you don't want to upset her and end up falling out and stressing your poor self out!

If I was in your situation I would give her a call and explain you're due any day and don't feel comfortable with all the driving 'just in case' and that it wouldn't be feasable for her dog to be with her when your baby is due etc.

A good friend will take your feelings on board and happily see where you are coming from.

Good Luck with it hun x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back