rant/hissy-fit-im sorry had to get it out

lealea85

Reaction score
aghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! now i have the scream out the way.

maybe im ungrateful or its pregnancy hormones but im feelin a tad bit low.
over the last few weeks its kicked in that im actually gonna b a mum....but its been a lot to take on board for me.

havent been with my partner long, im pregnant, havent achieved my life goals, didnt get to go on holidays (esp for my extreme sports, which i cant do anymore).....i know iot sounds really selfish. but i wanted more with my life esp at 25.
ive put uni on hold, got made redundant n had to leave home.....its been one thing litterally after another.

bby is a blessing in more ways than i can count, i just dont know if im good enough to be a mum. well thats how i feel.
i dont feel im gonna set a good enough example. like, what do i tell my child wen they ask how they got here?
"mummy n daddy were together for a month or so then i fell pregnant with u" it sounds so disgusting despite the fact we are still together (happy n balmy as ever).

jus wanna b a good mum

thanks for reading......rant over n out.

comment away as tips/advice is well n truely needed.

Hi hun your not alone there are lots of people who feel likethis it's a huge life changing thing I am 23 and married and although I am over the moon to be becoming a mummy this winter I had plans to meet my brother in Germany while he was doing his ski season and I was sooo looking forward to hitting the slopes with him when It me that I couldn't do this anymore I have to admit I cried my eyes out (and all I have ever wanted is to be a mum) but I decided to focus on the things I will get to do with the baby which helped me a lot!
Also my dh parents were together a month when she got pregnant and they stayed together and they have been married nearly 30 years now so it does happen :)
Hope this helps in a small way xx

I think it is only natural to have those kind of feelings, having a baby changes your life.

You will be a good mum, although this is my first bubba so many people tell me that once baby is here caring for him/her comes naturally.

I am in a slighty different position, I have been with my husband 7 years, got married last year, we both have good jobs and I feel I have lived my life enough and am ready for a baby to join us. If I am honest it is a little later in life that I would have initially thought, but I wouldnt change my life at all and cant wait for baby to arrive.

Keep positve hun, I totally believe that things happen for a reason. xx

Don't worry LeaLea, my first was unplanned at 24,and I was not married, and had not finished living!

Like you said things are just on hold for now, you get your little baby, and you will be a great mum, it's all in built , you and baby will just learn together what to do, theres no set way to be a mum, just your way!

You can have your life, your extreme sports and you kiddies -

I got into the england ice hockey team after kids, been on a telly game show for sport, went back to work full time - then got married with three kids under 5 , and went to euro disney for honeymoon! Won a sports award from my town, I still plan to do a creative writing degree next and become an author, (and my spelling an grammer is pants, so starting back with GCSE!) I have soo much living to do and I can raise my kids, I wouldn't change the age I had them for love nor money, and here I am putting it all on hold again to have one more - yayyyyy you have 100 years - baby will keep you young Hun!

Last edited:
im 20 years old and definately havent achieved what i wanted to achieve before having a baby.
mine was also completely unplanned, been with OH for 2 years which isnt such a bad thing, but he really wasnt ready, so ive felt quite alone so far, and felt a lot like youve been feeling.
it does get better, i promise and the best thing is that this forum is great for advice, and you can ask anything! seriously, try not to worry about feeling like this, it does come and go, its such a horrid feeling sometimes. and it does make you feel so selfish but its not your fault that you feel like that.
i get exactly the same feelings as you my love. but when you think to straight after giving birth and that amazing thing that your body has somehow produced, its going to be the most crazy thing ever and youll love that little one so much. i think that moment is worth so much, more than plans you have etc for your life.
youve also got to remember that your life doesnt stop just because youve had a baby, you can still go and enjoy things and achieve things that you wanted to do!
chin up honey, we all get these feelings and i really do believe when we get to our due dates we are going to be the luckiest people in the world! x

Gosh talk about over hormonal. I actually cried wen I read this. THANK U ladies!!!
I actually thought it was just me who felt like this. As most of the ppl I knw were all happy-go-lucky, lifes a peach blah blah blah.
I feel a bit better knowing that 1)I'm not the only one losing their marbles occassionally and 2) life doesn't stop with kids.

@jj mum, personally I'm beginging to think ur not human! More on the SUPERHUMAN side. All that with 3 children under 5? I need some of ur energy n enthusiasm. I love it.
I actually want 4 children. Sorry to sound really immature but u are soooo cool!

Awww *hugs* I feel exactly the same tonight! Glad we're not alone in feeling this way

X x x x

I fell pregnant with my daughter and it was a complete shock and I was married, only been married just over a year, I was 22. Felt like my life would be ending, couldn't achieve what I wanted etc but honestly a baby doesn't have to stop you having a life. People go on about it being the end of your life but believe me it was the start of mine! It may delay things a little when they are small buy honestly my life has never been better or more complete. I managed to get the best job I had ever had when my daughter was just 8 months old, on much more money and I took it! Best thing I ever did and I am now looking into doing a Midwifery degree next year if I can. Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back