Rant alert - Different midwife every time!

Blossom

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they see someone different every time they go to the midwife, or hosp? :cry: Makes me so mad having to repeat myself each time.

I wont go into too much detail, but basically I had a rough delivery with my first and have opted for a section with this one. Each time I go I feel like they try to reassure me that a natural birth *might* be okay this time and I shouldn't worry about having a natural birth. Why the hell should I worry when I'm not even having one?

I'm so pissed off, I went for a growth scan today,am measuring 6 cm too big for dates now, have a GTT test in two weeks because my baby is clearly big.

I know it's my choice, but I feel like I tell them my 'choice' each time I see them and then I see someone else and have to start convincingthem all over again.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the midwife who delivered my first baby and she remembered me and was wonderful. She knew what happened, she was there. nobody else has looked at my notes from last time and I just feel like Im being talked into a natural birth over and over again. I'm seeing someone else next time as well, so i will inevitably have to go through it all yet again. Can't one of them just write it down? And when they have written it down, is it too much to ask that the midwife/regsitrar actually reads it before talking to me?

Sorry. Rant over.

i was having this too, as i was due to have a section and had to keep explaining why. and yeah they do pressure you into trying naturally again :wall:

paradysso said:
i was having this too, as i was due to have a section and had to keep explaining why. and yeah they do pressure you into trying naturally again :wall:

Thanks for the reply. Are you booked in for your section now? Have they finally given up?

It's really driving me mad that I have to battle with them everytime I go. They tell me it's my decision and I can have what I want, but it just doesn;t seem to get noted. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I have nothing but sympathy. My midwife has been off ill since I was about 18 weeks and since then I have seen a different one every time. I have not had any results back til yesterday, and I wasn't booked in anywhere to give birth which was making me really anxious. All this, and I was assured that I would have a named midwife as I had PND after the last birth and still struggle today. I feel really uncomfortable discussing it with someone I don't know so haven't really felt able to speak to anyone. Great fun!!

wel i had awful labour and awful c section last time, so im just gonna try naturally again as its ment to be quicker and easier the 2nd time :pray:

they havent forced me into this, i want to try it again really.

and beanie i know what u mean about pnd :hug: i got told i would see some one about this from the beginning of tri 3 and ive yet to see that person :wall: was some thing about some play therapy???? no quite sure but it sounded good and felt really positive. fingers crossed they help me if i get it again

just put up your hand, say firmly , say ' been through this, its a c-section, END OF!!! ' then change the subject :twisted:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I've seen a different midwife each time too, it seems quite common nowadays :(
I hope you manage to get your section

When i was preggers the first time, i NEVER saw the same MW twice :( . TBH, it didnt really bother me at the time, cos i didnt know any better and thought that was just the way it was done, but ive seen the same MW all the way through this time and it has been lovely. She always has a chat with Beth (beth lurrves coming to my appointments) and she really involbes her. Shes nice. I hope i get her all the way to the end. Its made a huge difference to my confidence! Im quite shy, and i wouldnt ask the MW's a lot of stuff in my last pregnancy cos i couldnt get to know them, but im much more at ease this time.

Its a shame you cant have the sameone. Especially if youre having to explain things to them all the blinkin' time :shakehead: :hug: :hug:

I have seen one midwife twice at the beginning of my pregnancy- she did the initial visit at the surgery and then the home visit to book me in. Since then I've seen a different midwife every time (3 appointments at surgery) and yes in an ideal world I would prefer to see the same midwife every time and build upo a good relationship but then there is no guarantee that the midwife I want will be on her ward rotation on the delivery suite when I go to hospital to give birth- so not being too attached may prove to be a good thing! I am lucky that all of the midwives I have seen have been lovely so no complaints really. I can see how frustrating it would be to have to keep explaining yourself because they've not read your notes though.

I have seen a midwife once - at the hospital for my booking in appointment so I known for a fact it won't be her on Tuesday at my midwife appointment as the hospital ones don't do the clinic appointments.

I bet I see a different one each time and when I give birth it will be the same. It would be nice to have one person that u get to know

Been several times and haven't seen the same person twice, even at my local practice. All but one have been lovely (the other one wasn't horrible, she was just erm... functional but knowledgeable) and have been prodded around by students too. Don't mind about the students... everyone has to learn somehow! Only thing I'd be scared about is having bloods done by a student! :shock:

Meant to add... Bee... I read somewhere it was policy to have a named midwife on our notes, I don't seem to have this, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back