Quick vent

Syd43

Reaction score
Sorry ladies but I'm really struggling this morning. We're spending the day out with oh's daughter. I should have been 15 weeks yesterday so we would have told her about the baby. We have a friend with us (who knows nothing about my situation) and she's just told us she's 8 weeks. OH's daughter is all excited and asking her lots of questions, it's been the main topic of conversation all morning and I'm dreading the next 7 hours.

Obviously I'm thrilled for her but gutted for me/us and really struggling. OH won't get it if I mention how I'm feeling to him.

Last edited:
Big hugs Syd. It can be so hard can't it. I hope you are feeling better soon x

Sorry ladies but I'm really struggling this morning. We're spending the day out with oh's daughter. I should have been 15 weeks yesterday so we would have told her about the baby. We have a friend with us (who knows nothing about my situation) and she's just told us she's 8 weeks. OH's daughter is all excited and asking her lots of questions, it's been the main topic of conversation all morning and I'm dreading the next 7 hours.

Obviously I'm thrilled for her but gutted for me/us and really struggling. OH won't get it if I mention how I'm feeling to him.

Huge hugs to you Syd, I know how hard it is, I would of been over 8 weeks, we took the kids to a Halloween fair yesterday, there was a man parading in front of me with a newborn baby, I had to walk away from my OH as got so upset, I came home and couldn't stop crying. He says I should get counselling, also says he is petrified incase I get pregnant and miscarry again.
I really feel your pain, let it all out after, cry and sob. How old is she ?, can you not tell her about the miscarriage ?. xx

Thanks both. Lil, sorry you've had a bad day too X

The rest of the day continued in much the same way, heading home now for a large glass of wine...

Glad you managed to get through the day xx
I still have good days and bad days, and it's the milestones, like yours, that seem to hit hard. Cancelling the midwife appt was awful, and I would have been returning to work next week, had all been ok at the early scan.
I don't know how I'd cope with lots of pregnancy talk - I would be needing a bottle of wine, never mind a glass, lol!
Xxx

Watch this space re a bottle of wine lea :)

Bloody hell if I didn't turn round to get off the ferry after typing my last message and there were a bunch of people returning from a baby shower. It was a sea of pregnant women, small children and baby balloons and gift baskets.

Oh, and so sorry you've just been through it too lea x

Last edited:
And now I've just received a birth announcement text with about 6 pictures attached.

It's definitely going to be the whole bottle...

Oh big hugs to you, that really sucks :( my neice just had her second baby last week so its all babies round me, and she called her Violet which is the name I was gonnna have if i had a girl :( Then a girl i used to work with posted pics of her little boy who just turned 1, she was pregnant at same time as me last year so my baby would have been same age! There really is no gettting away from it is there. I dont drink wine so usuall just resort to chocolate lol

FX THIS is out month, 2017 seems full of rainbows just hope we can add to them x

I'm so sorry Staces, I honestly don't know how I would cope with that.

There have been some amazing rainbow stories in the past few months so here's hoping :)

There's just days where it's bloody everywhere eh? Never rains but it pours! Also having a bit of a downer week Syd, we need to start the week more positive tomorrow :) however tonight is for a moan and a good old grump!

Thanks ladies. Yep, today's another day. I didn't drink the whole bottle in the end since I'm in the tww but I did have a couple of glasses.

I'm not normally one for ss but I'm finding I'm comparing everything right now to how I felt in the tww when I got pregnant.

Last edited:
Oh Syd, I've gone through many bottles. It can feel like there are announcements bloody everywhere. Well done for getting through it! Xxxx

Aww Syd I can totally understand this. It's so hard when you have a friend due close to when you would have been. One of my best friends is pregnant and due this week. With my MC we were due just 3 weeks apart and I've found her whole pregnancy so difficult watching all the milestones like 20 week scan, baby shower etc, thinking it should have been me as well. I was absolutely dreading her due date but happily I'm now pregnant again so finding it easier to deal with. It's such an odd mix of being happy for your friend and so sad for yourself. Big hugs I hope you're okay xxx

Yea I had a close friend or a family member announce their pregnancy on around the day I found I miscarried each time it's super hard but time does make it slightly easier. I had to distance myself from friends/family for a time but I've always been open about my losses so hopefully they didn't take it personally x

Thanks all.

She's not actually a close friend at all, just occasionally spends some time with us when we have oh's daughter. It was more that it would have been the day we told his daughter and instead she spent the day excited about someone else's baby.

Anyway, I'm over it now :) Just willing this tww to hurry up, even though I'm sure I'm not pregnant, I need the confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back