Quick replies please. Ill baby

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hi. C's temp up all day. Started at 38.1 this morning. Went to 38.8 by time found calpol, went to 38.1 with calpol. V sleepy/lethargic or screaming all day. Temp stayed at 38.5 with calpol this eve. Got appointment with out of hours gp.
Their thermometers had ALL been sent to be fixed?!?! So she used a paper thing under his arm. Said temp was 37.5 . Now I know they arent accurate. Abd just to touch him u could feel he was def hotter. Said viral. I took him home, was stil 38.5 as I thought. He's in bed. Awake, not crying, jut occasionally makes noise. He had calpol an hour and a half ago, but temp is now 39.4. Any suggestions?!
He's on inhalers (won't confirm asthma due to age) so I can't risk giving him nurofen too!
Help??! X

Oh no, just try to keep him cool, :( poor little lad, try a cool damp flannel on his forehead, x

im sorry to worry you but if it was my child i wud prob bring him back in, better safe than sorry but on a serious note if its something serious then time helps so i wudnt bring him home, bring ur thermometer with you if you too xxx

i dont want to scare you but when rosies mummy's wee boy got meningitis it was her quick thinking that saved him, my docs dont let a child go home if temp above 39 as at 40 baby can fit?? xx

My child fitted at just over 38 :(

Hun, go back. Have you looked at the ribcage? Sucking in? Lo's colour ok? Drinking? Passing wee?

His colour seems okayish. Breathing very fast, but apparently that's expected with high temp. Not really sucking in, well no more than normal.
Does it matter that he seems rather content at the moment?
I cant remember whosaid it, piglet I think. About rm. Coz yeah that's the one bit that worries me because he was in at the same time as rm's little boy with suspected meningitis. Im worried that I am so used to him being ill in one way or another, that I don't really worry anymore?! Does that make sense?
Gona get him up and give him a once over I think and see if I can get another appointment? X

Check nail colour (should be nice and pink and colour coming straight back when pressed)
Check when you press skin is colour coming fast to it
Count his breathing rate
Take his pulse

Why not give the nurofen as well? I've gave inhaler, paracetamol and nurofen. Temp needs to be got down, and now. Xxx

All seems normal, breathing about 10/11 every 10 sec. Won't let me get his pulse.
Called nhs direct, who seemed like, well y r u phoning, he's fine, temp isn't that bad . Asked if his neck glands were swollen, which they are a lot (but this is a regular up and down thing for him) and the doc checked his throat? His temp was down to38.5 before I called, then up to 38.8 during the call. He's like a yoyo. I've been told he can't have nurofen unless at a hospital in case that gave him an attack. Y can't he be simple!!
Now I'm sitting here thinking ok am I paranoid xx

I would bring him to be checked out hun the medicine should be bringing his temp down, if Odhráns hadn't of went down I would definitely have brought him x

If his temp isnt going down I'd take him to be checked again.
Is he having wet nappies? x

He's having wet nappies, but like a bit wet, not like normal.
See , I know if this was one of u I'd be saying take them in. But because he seems happy enough I think they would think I'm stupid? X

I always feel like that too when I have had to bring Odhrán in the past, but then I have just said to myself that it's more important to know for sure everything is ok than to worry about how they make you feel :hug: If his nappies aren't normal too then again I would definitely bring him, the temperature not coming down with the medicine would concern me x

I would personally take him back If his temp isn't going down, hope he's ok Hun xx

Awww how is he today hun? Did u take.him.in? Hope he's feeling better x

Hi , sorry my battery died last night. We didn't go in, his temp stayed at about 38.4 for a while so I went to bed at about 3. His nappy was huge this morning. It seems he must have been holding his bladder lol. Has still got a temp, but it's only at 37.6 atm. If last night happens again, I'll take him, but I'm now hoping it's just like a 24 hour blip?
Thanks for all ur support last night all of u xx

Hi Leanne, Plz take him to hospital immediately. If temp is coming back then he needs to be diagnosed. My son had same symptoms when he was 7 weeks and we found later that he catched an infection. The doctors appreciated that we brought him to hospital on time. Hope gets well soon.

Hi Leanne

Better to be safe than sorry, I would take him to the a&e rather than gp, I reckon they will give him a better looking over and general care. And if it is just a viral at least you can relax and just be there with the mummy cuddles xx

Thanks u2. Think I am. Trying to get hold of my partner who's taken the car and it's like the bloody winter here suddenly! X

I think I'd defo take lo in hun, best of luck and let us know xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back