Temperature...... Why?

DebbieM

Reaction score
When I gave Luke his bedtime feed, I noticed when I went to put him into his cot that he was quite warm. I took his temp and it was at 38.1C so I decided to give him some Nurofen as his is usually around 36.6-36.8C. It brought it down a little and let him sleep just in his sleepsuit in our bed but didn't put any blankets over him. At 7am he felt hot again so I took his temp again and it was still a fair bit higher than usual. :? I gave him some Calpol this time and it's brought it back down to 36.3C (that was at 6.30am)

He seems fine in himself. No rashes, no tugging at his ears, no crying etc.

So what could it be? I'm at a loss. Could it be the start of something viral? Another cold?

I know health professionals say they don't get a temperature with teething but since the gums are inflammed, I've read elsewhere that it can be possible and his top teeth do look like they are coming down but not breaking through the gum yet.

Anyone? Should I be worried? He's never had a temp before so I'm new to this and it kind of scares me a bit.... :? :?

They can get low grade temperatures with teething.... around 38º... it isn't a high temp and a hospital would consider that in the normal range in terms of general temps. If he is fine in himself then don't worry too much... but if you want to, take him to the doctors.. urine infections can also present with low grade fever and no other symptoms. But getting a wee sample out of a baby...well its easier getting blood from a stone :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back