questions people ALWAYS ask!!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i was saying the other day how EVERYONE always asks "are you having any more?"!!! LOL yes if i can talk my boyf round but jeez gimme a break she isnt even one yet! not in the near future thanku hehe

anyway its not the only question iv grown tired of!

the newborn questions were:

1. "are you breast feeding?"
2. "how long did you stay in hospital for?"

and tbh i LOVED answering these coz i was like "yes i am BFing, and i wasnt in hospital i had her at home without any drugs!" a bit smug really coz i always got praised then! :oops: :lol:

but now im not so smug coz the current question now millie's almost one is "IS SHE WALKING YET?" :roll:
grr! yes she can walk but only if i let her hold my index fingers and walk behind her and im well aware some babies walk at 10 months (im told i was by my mum) and i was kinda hoping i'd be able to beam and smugly say "ooh yes she's been walking for ages" by now lol never mind she's nearly there!

any other questions to add to this that u either love to answer or that drive u nuts?!

Mine current one is:-

"Are you STILL breastfeeding" (emphasis is always on the 'still', as if there's something wrong with that).

My MIL is CONSTANTLY comparing my DD to her cousin who is only 3 weeks older - he's much more interested in being mobile than she is and much bigger and stronger - so the current barage of questions from her is:-

"Can she crawl through to the kitchen yet?"
"Can she cruise?"
"Have you got a playpen yet"
"Can she climb the stairs?"

Other than that I'm just happy people are interested in my baby!

Valentine Xxx

when im out with the boys and when people notice my bump it's a look of shock and they ask me 'wow, what is the age difference between them'

so i tell them, 3 years between the eldest, and 16 months between the youngest. then they say, wow your hands are going to be full - and i just say - yes, but my hearts going to be fuller :D

My worst one atm is "ooo its another boy... you'll have to have another one then" :x

I always get asked if I am having another and also if he is a "good baby".

My reply is "no" to the first and "mmmm well" to the second.

Their reply is usually.....he needs a wee brother or sister and no 2 babies are the same.

It gets rather annoying. x

Is she sleeping through?

'No she isn't and why do you care anyway?? I don't even know you'- that's my not spoken answer. :D

'She doesnt have any teeth yet?? Ooh mine had her teeth at 5 months!' Well bloody good for you :roll:

Snuggle said:
'She doesnt have any teeth yet?? Ooh mine had her teeth at 5 months!' Well bloody good for you :roll:

Alex doesn't have any teeth either but thankfully nobody has commented on it yet

newmum said:
Is she sleeping through?

'No she isn't and why do you care anyway?? I don't even know you'- that's my not spoken answer. :D

Yep i hate this one too, I may actually try out that reply one of these days :twisted:

I hate it when people ask questinos and compare their own kds to mine, cheeses me off immensely.

At the moment its - Has she any teeth yet - no but there growing :D

Shes not very big, is she eating well enough - how bloody offensive is that? i reply that shes petite and dainty and doesnt need to look like a heifer to be healthy - all babies are different.

Is she crawling yet, answer no, shes not quite strong enough yet and will do things in her own time. Im not pushing her beyond her comfort zone.

At the minute I keep getting

Are they twins?
Is he talking yet?
Is she potty trained?
:twisted: :twisted:

People always ask me how old Aimee is then say ' oh isn't she big for her age!' Well no infact shes really small for her age and only in 12-18 month clothes for most things, are they blind!

I get:

"oh, was she premature?"

NO, she's just a newborn so she's small :wall: :rotfl:

Then I get really irritated by the "You're doing really well for a young mum"- I'm 19 not 12... :x :x :x

"aww how old is she?"

"12 months"

" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i thought she was about 2 and half"

I can see this being a problem a little later, as shes already sooo big in her pram - she actually looks squashed in it, people will start thinking she IS older and will look down thier nose at me/her if she throws a tantrum, has a bottle etcetcetc.

:roll: :roll: :evil:

rachelandjarvis said:
"aww how old is she?"

"12 months"

" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i thought she was about 2 and half"

I can see this being a problem a little later, as shes already sooo big in her pram - she actually looks squashed in it, people will start thinking she IS older and will look down thier nose at me/her if she throws a tantrum, has a bottle etcetcetc.

:roll: :roll: :evil:

People always think Lydia is about 4 so when she throws a wobbly, or if she's in the tandem pram (which she doesn't go in very often these days but now and then), I get a lot of dirty looks.

valentine said:
"Are you STILL breastfeeding" (emphasis is always on the 'still', as if there's something wrong with that).

oh V i forgot that one! i started getting the "still" after about 3 months, and after 6 months thats when the emphasis on "still" really started! grr forgot how annoyin that was!

NIE said:
if he is a "good baby"

oh yes and that one! never really kno what to say to that one wha kind of question is that!?! is a "good baby" a well-behaved one? if so, then no of course not! its a baby ffs! lol. but if "good baby" means one that brings parents joy then yes of course she bloody is! i mean look at her she's a princess! i always just say "erm, yes" !! hehe

newmum said:
Is she sleeping through?
argh lol i forgot that one too that used to really bug me when she wasnt- between 4 and 8 months altho now i dont mind too much coz she is (finally! lol)

i hate people saying to Hayden as if i'm not even there
"whats that in your mouth (re dummy) you don't need that thing"

in my head i'm like "back up nosey old fart his back teeth are cutting and if his dummy keeps him and me sane then he can have it alright?"
but i seem to come out with "yeah he's teething and then i'm getting rid of it"

People always feel the need to say something! I had loads of comments about Aaron wearing nappies and having a dummy as soon as he hit 18 months. I do things my way and it's usually guided by him! He's started going on the potty in the last 2 weeks and has taken to it really well and in the same time he's decided he's such a big boy he's got rid of his dummy too. I'm so proud of him and so glad it wasn't forced on him because other people thought he should have done it sooner :D

oooo the is it a boy or girl.... :roll: I would have thought the pink dress and frilly head band might have given it away!!???

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh then the weight thing... is she really 4 months... shes huge... did you have a c section... so I proudly say nope all on my own, no help and no pain relief... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then there is the constant advice that I should be putting rice in her bottles... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Squiglet said:
Then there is the constant advice that I should be putting rice in her bottles... :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh that old gem :roll: :roll: :roll:
some old bag convinced my OH that was a good idea- he kept arguing with me that it was good advice.. i had to ram the formula tin in his face where it says to never add rice or any food to bottle as its a choking hazard so he would stop going on about it!!!

i always get 'there not all yours are they?' or 'you look too young to have that many children' or 'are they twins?' (about my 2 girls) or 'you have got your hands full'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back