help with walking

1529boutique

Reaction score
My dd is 15 months n she's not walking its really frustrating me as she can zip round the sofa and other furniture she can walk fast holding hand but refuse point blank to let go and goes all jelly legs if we try her by herself. She won't use a walker either. She's been at this stage since she was about 12 months n iv always been she will do when shes ready etc but now its getting to frustrating any one have any tips. She's well ahead of her peers at her child minders in terms of what she can do some stuff she can do unaided some of the older ones cnt do

she will do it in her own time my 1st dd was 15 months when she took her 1st unaided steps :)

I no she will but its almost like she's to scared to do it she 16 months in a few days she can walk fine just by holding.g on to my one finger but soon as she becomes unaided that's it legs go to jelly

My friend's little boy was exactly the same - at about 15 or 16 months he would happily walk anywhere just holding someone's finger, but the second you let go he'd sit down - I think he started walking at about 17 months, and by then he was a lot more steady on his feet than a 12 month old who's just started walking so he managed to avoid all the usual bumps and bruises! I'm sure she won't be much longer! x

My daughter didnt walk until 15 months!! She just suddenly let go and she was off!!

yeah it will just happen when your not expecting it and she will be much better at walking and keeping balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back