Questions for those who have had 3D/4D scans

Sabrina

Reaction score
OH and I were talking about having a 3D/4D scan tonight.

I have said before that I am not fussed about it but it seems OH would quite like one now :roll:

So my questions is for those of you who have already had a 3D/4D scan.

1. How many weeks were you when you had the scan?
2. How much did you pay?
3. Do you think it was worth it?
4. Would you do it again?

There are 2 places near where I live that do the scans for £95. For that we'd get a 30 min appt, 15 minute scan, DVD and photo to take away.

Thanks for your help ladies! Much appreciated.
:hug:

I had mine done at 28 weeks and paid £95 for it and it was deffo worth it and id do it again, it was nice seeing baby moving around ect!!

Had one done at around 15 weeks because the 2d scans over here are not detailed enough to be able to do a nuchal fold translucency check. Baby looked like a lump of plasticine! It cost about 30BD which is about £45, very cheap compared to the UK. We are going for another in around a month's time when I will be 28 weeks, apparently between 28 and 32 weeks is the best time to get a clear pic (so they told us!)
Good luck and enjoy! x

.....I think the baby has stolen my memory :think:

I had scan when I was 24 weeks pg (ish), paid £125 for 30 minutes scan, 6 pictures & DVD. I cannot recommend it enough, we loved ours, and the DVD is a wonderful thing to have.....at the end of the day you can change your mind and decide to get a baby bath instead of using the sink......you can't rewind and get the scan done if you change your mind. We will defintely have another next time (if there is a next time :D )

Good Luck if you choose to go for it :hug:

katherinesbaby13ce7.jpg

Mine were done at a scanning clinic where I had my downs scan done at 13 weeks.

I chose to have my 4d scan at 29 weeks which was perfect so she had a decent layer of fat on her so you could get a good idea of what she looks like.

I paid £205.00 for the hour session with a dvd and 14 pictures on paper & on a cd rom :D

Well worth the money 8)

Hi, we had a 3d scan done at 28 weeks with my youngest..
cost £150 travelled 3 hours to get there.. was told we would see baby in 3 d yet we didnt, (very dissapointed)
Got scan on a dvd which we could take away with us,
3 weeks later the pics arrived, and there was 2 different baby's so we didnt know which one was ours, got my money back :dance:
I would have another this time, but not at the place where we had ours done
So beware of window to the womb in nottingham, they are not great at all.
even messed up with my dvd, as it had 3 mins of someone's pregnancy on it..

well i'm having mine done next week so will let you all know how it goes. i do know a couple of people who have had it done and have only heard positive things. mine will cost £170 for the top package. one hour appointment, 20 mins dvd footage, a cd of still pics. some photos, pictures sent to mobiles, gender check etc.

lisa xx

waiting for isaiah

Thanks everyone. It's really helpful to read of your experiences. Most sound very happy they did it. :) I think we will go for it too.

I'm a teeny weeny bit nervous of the 4D scan in case it shows something wrong with LO. Silly but well I guess it's not unusual being as how I'm always worried about something to do with LO! :oops:

Well i have my 4d scan on wednesday and i'm really excited. The baby crossed its legs at my 20 week scan so i'm dying to know what i'm having.

Its going to cost £150, and its an hour appointment, get 2d, and 3d pics, cd rom with all the pics and a dvd of the whole thing.

I'l be sure to let you know if its worth it, but i think it will be.

if theres any one out there who has had one recently around 2 hours drive away from us, please do tell me as im looking for a decent place to have one done..
thanks

I'm starting to look at them too....would like a 4D done around 30 weeks. Shall report back afterwards. Any recommendations around the south east or London do let me know.

Nicola said:
I'm starting to look at them too....would like a 4D done around 30 weeks. Shall report back afterwards. Any recommendations around the south east or London do let me know.

I found there were quite a few places listed in the back of the Pregnancy and Birth magazine Nicola.

There are 2 near me in Essex but I'm sure you could find somewhere closer to home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back