Private Gender Scans

Nicola

Reaction score
I'm DESPERATE to know, really DESPERATE!!!!! so wondering if anyone went earlier than 20 weeks for a gender scan (realise this would have had to of been a private scan) and if so where did you go and how much did it cost you??

I'm not interested in the whole 3D or 4D packages yet I simply want a scan to say Girl or Boy - any ideas (or suggestions) appreciated.

Nicola xx

hiya i wen to baby bond when i was 20 weeks pregnant to find out the sex... it cost me £120 to find out the sex get 6 scan pic's and a 10 minute dvd......and......they were right :D

Yeah 20 weeks the NHS scan should tell me but I wanna know now, I'm 14 weeks and 20 weeks is 6 weeks away.......aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!! :shakehead:

I think if you just have the gender scan, no dvds or anything, then is about £75.

Kirsty had it done recently though so she can confirm!

Hiya, we went to Babybond when I was 16+1 for a gender scan (they do it from 16 weeks)

It was £75 and we got some good photos, and because it was private the whole atmosphere was really relaxed.

It only lasted about 15-20 minutes but we got to see him in 3D too at no extra cost and we also got a 3D picture. I thought the sonographer was just being nice cos it wasnt very busy that day :lol: but I later found out someone I know got a free 3D preview too so maybe they do that with everyone.

Id definitely recommend it :D

my hospital didn't start tellin people til a week after my 20 week scan thats why we paid lol

I wouldn't necessarily get the scan you mentioned for gender purposes but to get some pictures and a DVD, I think £75 is a good price, thankyou ever so much for the information nic and kirsty :hug:

and I hope you find out soon Nicola as you seem to really want to know hehe

Best Wishes :hug:

I have been quoted the same as Nic & Keely.

We are going tomorrow afternoon and they will confirm the gender of baby and we get a 10 minute DVD, but they said we'd get 4 photos.

I wanted to go because i didn't see any of my 22 weeks scan because they were testing new equipment, so i felt a bit left out!

It £120 for that package. I am really looking forward to it, just hope she decides to actually move about a bit. I think she takes after her father and just loves to lay about sleeping all the time!

Obviously as said, the NHS scan is for checking the baby for problems,not really meant as a day out for the parents! And as we know they tend to be a bit pushed for time etc. etc.

I will let you know how it goes!

im really desperate to find out too. ive got 20 odd days left now. i just hope pudding isnt being shy.

good luck with a private scan :) there supposed to be really good. id do it if i had the money

Thanks for the advice, might look into babybond (heard a bit about them) from what I've hear though if your a "thin" woman you can tell the gender from 12 weeks but if your overweight it's more like 16 weeks and if your obese it's hard to tell even at 20+ weeks....do you think there is any truth in that?? I'm 14+2 today so might be better waiting till I'm 16/17 weeks?? Anyone know if that holds any truth? It was on a london private scan clinic website thing.... :?

ive never heard that before. but id wait until 16weeks, as it would be disapointing to pay that money and then still not know

Yeah I'd wait till 16 weeks (I have a midwife appointment that day so might ask her about them). I know a sort of friend who had her 12 week scan at a private clinic, they told her there and then what gender she was having I was like wow :shock: imagine knowing at 12 weeks.... :D

Will do a search for that website again with that dates/weight info on it regarding scans... :hug:

Still looking but just found this: It kinda suggests the same thing?....

Sexing / Gender scan: 17 week scan and later

A scan at this stage can determine the sex of the baby. On this appointment we always perform a fetal growth scan to make sure that the baby is feeling well. Our sexing scans are highly reliable but may be more difficult if the woman is obese or the baby is in an unfavourable position. We will not tell you the sex of the baby if we are not sure. This is very unusual. A acouple of pictures are also provided.

I was told on my 12 week scan what they thought it was which seems strange as no one else has been told.
She said it wasnt definate but her theory, maybe she was talking cr*p ...?

^^ Oh will be so interesting to see if your 'result' at the 20 week scan is the same. My scanning woman (we didn't like her!) told me it was far too early and she'd not even tell women at 20 weeks if it was uncertain. She was a right misery moo though...hope I get someone more cheery for the 20 week appointment!! :roll:

When I went for my 20 week scan at the hospital I said that we'd already been to Babybond and found out the sex but asked if she could double check.

She asked what Babybond was :lol: I thought she was joking lol but she really hadnt heard of it!

Then when I told her its a private scanning company she didnt seem very happy as though I shouldnt have done it :shock:

But anyway, on my 12 week scan pic I can see what I think are boy bits but I dunno if they are :think:

I think I saw "boy bits" on the screen when I was having my 12 week scan, plus the lady kept calling baby "Junior" and I kept correcting her saying it was "Pudding" not "Junior" and no wonder it wasn't going to go where she wanted if she was calling it a different name!! Anyway I asked if she could tell she said "No it's far too early and sometimes we have difficulties telling at 20 weeks but he's doing just fine" I picked up on the HE straight away and repeated "He??" but she just said "Junior" again so I said "actually it's Pudding" again!! Hahaha we had a mutual dislike for one another!!!!! I'm sure I saw little boy bits on the screen though so her saying "he" kinda confirmed my suspitions....roll on 20 week scan if I cant get a private one done!! DH and not wasting money as he calls it!! :roll:

Ohhhh think Hubby is softening to the idea of an earlier scan....

Anyone have any really convincing evidence that they can't always tell on the standard 20 week NHS scans what it is?? My "because I want one" reason isn't really convincing him but his reactions are softening each time I mention it. He seems to think the scanning lady we had at 12 weeks said she'd tell us at 20 weeks, I seem to remember her saying it wasn't always possible to tell at 20 week so she wasn't going to guess at 12 weeks type thing. Ohhhh I need something good to throw into my constant argument about it!!

Come on ladies....heads together, what ultra good "reasons" are there? You know men, save money, not soppy like us over a black and white pic, it's gotta be something good!!! :hug:

Perhpas I'll award a prize to the one with the "reason" that convinces hubby!!!! :rotfl:

Hmm I'll have a think :lol:

My OH didnt need any persuading, he was more excited than me :shock:

Mine is just being an arse about it :moon:
He's having another moan about it now....I've left him downstairs eating dinner!! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back