Are 3d/4d scans just for fun value?

shell6

Reaction score
I did a scan at 15w1d and a cyst was found on our baby's brain - which could indicate an extremely severe problem or be nothing at all. But we wont know for weeks which of the above it is.
We decided not to do the amnio since we dont want to take the risk (at least not yet) and are doing other blood tests and will do a repeat scan at week 22, which hopefully will allow us to relax, please god.

I have a question for you all though - since the scan is of extreme medical importance to us, we are happy to do a 3d/4d scan if they are medically any better.

Does anyone know if they actually give better results for the doctor to decipher, or whether they merely provide us with nicer images that are easier to understand?

When we ask a doctor who does 3d/4d they say that they are better - but they are bound to say that.

I know that a lot of people get them done because of how detailed they are. I know some places do offer diagnostic services though. To what extent, I'm not sure. It wouldn't hurt to call around though! Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back