Question from someone who's not there yet

Becs

Reaction score
How long were you TTC before your BFP? I'd love to know what the average TTC period is and I know loads of people on the TTC threads would be interested.

Thanks!

hiya, I became pregnant the first time but I think that is very unusual, I had come off the pill 18 months previously to clear my body out so I think that helped!

I really hope you get here soon, lots of baby dust to you chicken :hug:

Hi Becs,

It took me three months after coming off the pill. I did use ovulation sticks for the last month as well to make sure my timing was right.

Lyns xx

Yeah took me three months as well, that was after coming off the pill.

I waited 3 months after coming off the pill (I prob read it somewhere that this was a good idea). First month got pg. :shock: We were both shocked to say the least. It wasn't to be and I mc'd at 10 weeks.

5 months later I fell pg again. We were quite good at BDing every two days through my cycle. So my advice would be get on with practising your BDing!

I got pregnant two months after I came off the pill. one question though is it safe to get pregnant straight away or do we have to wait for a few months to clear our bodies first??

Hi. I have never messed with my periods with pills etc. I became pregnant five months after trying, but the first four months we worked out that I was at uni when I would have ovulated, so in a way I became pregnant the first time.

Took me 5 months to get pregnant after being on the pill.

Then it took about 4 months after the miscarriage.

Then after a second miscarriage I started charting and using OPK's and I never had a 3rd period so I got caught on the third month.

And here I am, fingers crossed.

Cx

My first was a surprise, Aimee was the first month after coming off the pill and this time i don't know, Aimee was about 4 months old and i had spent 2 months of that on the pill but i stopped it to change pill so i suppose that was first month too.

Well, it seems it depends on how fertile you and your partner are. It seems that OH and I are lucky in that department.

DD was conceived as soon as I came off the pill - one withdrawal bleed, then a month later a bfp.

DS1 was unplanned - af returned when dd was 4 months, and didn't get another one, just a bfp!

DS2 took 3 months.

This baby was also unplanned - a one off accident.

Don't know if it makes a lot of difference, but each time I had either been on a diet, lost a lot of weight recently or just had a baby and lost some weight.

Other people I know have also said that they have got pg when on a diet - perhaps this is a factor?? :?

HTH a little bit.

Good luck.

Heather x

I got pregnant first time we tried, but like Missac says, it's probably not that normal.

within 2 months..I had two af's.

Think I'm super duper fertile though, got pg with twinnies on the pill and got pg with twinnies(unforunately didn't last) within first month too.

Some people are more fertile than others but I'm sure the average is longer than a few months.

Good luck and big :pray: for you ttc'ers! Good luck ladies!! (and OH's and DH's of course)

:pray: :hug:

it took me four years so when you think its not gonna happen it can

It took me 1 month with Elloit and 2 months with this little bean :)

It was within 3months of coming off the pill with all 3 of my pregnancies

Emily was after 3rd AF

Baby bean was after 2nd AF (M/c)

Jack was after 1st AF :shock: got symptoms before i missed period

we fell with the first 6 weeks into trying, m/c'd unfortunately, then 6 weeks after this again, my oh is telling everyone he has nuclear spermies lol...

I was on the pill inj for over 8 years. I decided not to have the inj in February and it has taken 7 months for me to get pregnant.

DD took 5 months, DS took two, this one not been trying, using withdrawl (soz)no protection, DS is now 6.Fate :D

i came off the pill in feb 2006, got pregnant in may but unfortunatly miscarried that baby at 5 weeks :( but then i got pregnant on my next period after the M/C and im now nearly 5 months. :D

It was first time lucky for us :dance: . We were a bit shocked as we had our wedding a month later and didn't expect it to happen so quickly. Luckily I could still fit into my dress but I was quite sick around that time with a combination of ms and nerves but thankfully our big day went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back