Question For Formula Mummies

wend

Reaction score
After alot of thinking i have decided to bottle feed and i have choosen to go with Avent bottle as many family members have used these and they say they swear by them .

So my question is

How many bottles would i need to buy ?

I have already got 2 bottles that came with my sterilizer one is 4oz and the other is 9oz .

Thanks

i had 6 of each size hun but only need the 4oz ones for the first few weeks

i have got 6 of the 4oz ones and 4 of the bigger ones. i tend to make up 4 or 5 for the day and then 4 0r 5 for overnight. we found that the newborn teats that come with the bottles were too slow for luke (he was a guzzler mind!! :lol: ) so my biggest tip is to buy some size 2's teats as well just incase as the first night for us was painful as he was frustrated and even if your little one is ok with size 1's the other ones will come in handy later. i find 6 bottles ideal but you can use the bigger ones even when they are small its just the smaller ones are a little more managable to start with.

if you buy less bottles it just means you have to sterilize them more often which is ok if you have the time. :talkhand:

I wouldn't bother buying any of the 4oz ones you hardly get any use out of them, 6 of the 9oz ones should do, thats how many they usually have in 24 hours. We just went straight onto the number 2 teats too with Nathan. I have the number 1 teats with Aimee but I had to go out and get the next size after only 1 week.

I would get about 6 of the 9oz size and just buy some level 1 teats as they only come with level 2. You will probably be fine with the smaller bottles for the first say 5 weeks depending on how hungry your baby is but then you will probably need to go on to the 9oz bottles so it isn't really worth buying any 4oz bottles just get the teats. I have got the avent ones and they have been fine but next time I am going to buy Dr Browns or B Free bottles as a lot of babies suffer with colic as Jake did and I have heard a lot of good reviews about these and how much they help. These bottles are more expensive at £20 for 4 big bottles from Mothercare or cheaper off of e bay but it might be worth thinking about.

Hiya

I got 6 of the large ones too although i use MAM the blues ones come with number 2 teats though and i think yellow come with number 1 we had to go out and buy the number 1 teats as i insisted on having blue bottles for my boy and they also come in pink :) the little ones only last about 4 weeks i wouldn't bother with them except if you are giving them water as well.

Heather

I have about 8 of the full size bottles thats only becos i got some with my sterlizer and some with my bottle warmer i wouldn't bother with the 4oz ones i would just buy the bigger size :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back