Question about your banks charges.

Urchin

Reaction score
OH opened his post today and cos he was a day late transferring money from his savings account Halifax have charged him £105 quid!!

Basically he had 3 direct debits trying to come out in one day and because there wasn't money there they have charged him £35 for each!! They didn't pay the money, he hasn't gone overdrawn, the payments will be going out in a day or so....so WTF are they charging for??!

I would understand more if he had gone overdrawn, but he hadn't. If they had LET him go overdrawn they could have charged him ONCE per day the overdrawn fee, instead they let him get 3 fees!!

Whats that about!? We are fuming, what a bloody cheek!

Phone them up in the morning and demand your money back, thats what i do even if it is my fault and i do get a charge..... they will say NO they can't do it and then tell them you are taking it futher and will be contacting ombasmen (sp) to act on your behalf..... if all else fails then write them a strongly worded letter.

I have ALWAYS got refunded every penny of my bank charges back to me.

They think they can get away with it because not many people act and do something about it, it really gets me mad.

Urchin im surprised you havent stormed up there guns blazing and ripped the nearest bankers head off :rotfl:

I've been charged when a direct debit hasn't gone through but they have then taken the 'fine' out when I've been over my limit then charge me more for going over! iykwim. It makes sense in my head!

MissSara said:
Phone them up in the morning and demand your money back, thats what i do even if it is my fault and i do get a charge..... they will say NO they can't do it and then tell them you are taking it futher and will be contacting ombasmen (sp) to act on your behalf..... if all else fails then write them a strongly worded letter.

I have ALWAYS got refunded every penny of my bank charges back to me.

They think they can get away with it because not many people act and do something about it, it really gets me mad.

Yeah what MissSara said lol. Hopefully they will refund, before yest they did anyway as they know would be told to by the ombudsmand HOWEVER with the merger going ahead, you might have trouble at the min as they might say cant dont anything till all accounts mergers etc etc

its bloody halifax becaus ethey are in the shit theyve frozen DH's account for no reason and charged him for it :shock: really peed off with them :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back