Grrr, financial jobs worths - o/t

DW1978

Reaction score
Sorry, another thread thats totally off topic and nothing to do with babies or pregnancy but..

We went to court on Tuesday to re-finance our house and we had to write a cheque there and then for £2159 bond fees to the advocate. However, we weren't getting our cheque from the mortgage lenders until yesterday. So, yesterday I phoned HSBC and explained the situation and said there is a chance that the £2K might clear before we can pay in the £47K so can I have a temporary overdraft or a not put on the account so we don't get any charges if we do go £2K overdrawn. Their answer? No. There is no way they can stop us getting any charges or enable us to claim them back if we do. However, we could apply for an offical overdraft increase that would have to go through their team or we could apply for a loan???? :wall2::wall2::wall2: WTF???? I don't want more money. I have just paid in nearly £50K into our account. I just don't want to get charged if one clears before the other. Idiots.

I then get home to find the mortgage letter which states that they are going to start taking our new payments on the 1st of November and then on the 1st of each month after that. I get paid on the 3rd of each month so I gave them a quick call just to advise that and ask if the payments can come out on the 4th instead. Simple you would think? Their answer? No. They can't because all the payments are done on the same day and they can't change it. I said that could mean that you will make us £1300 overdrawn at the beginning of EVERY month (they actually wont cos we will save £2K out of the £47K to pay it but they didn't need to know that!!) and she said sorry, you'll have to come to some arrangement with your bank. Yep, thanks, cos they are really helpful too!!

I feel so sorry for people who are in major debt or have serious money problems cos we were just asking for two very simple tasks to be done and neither of them would help us out so goodness knows what they are like with serious problems.

Makes me laugh in all their letters it states that if you have any financial problems or are unable to pay your mortgage for ANY reason, not to hesitate to call them and they will me happy to help. Yeah, right.

Rant over!! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back