Question about waters breaking in bed ...

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

So I know i've got ages until I have to deal with my waters breaking but I wanted to know if theres anything I can protect our mattress with incase my waters break while i'm in bed? We have a king size bed that cost a fortune so I don't really want it getting mucky! Are there water proof pads I can put under me?

x

i havent got a clue, all i knon is if you think its a posibility protect it all, my auntys waters broke on her bed with the second and it still smells now :-( they have a loverly solid slaybed thats kingsize and there whole bedroom smells musty!!!

my oh was taling about getting a toddler style plastic sheet to put under myside closer to the time!

You could put disposable waterproof pads under your sheet, or toddler sheets, and you can buy mattress protectors.

I got a cheap crappy mattress protector which I didn't use - it made me hotter though because of the plastic, and I sweated more and thought I'd lost water when actually it was just severe sweat!

I doubt I can get a kingsize waterproof toddler mat! lol

Plus I don't see that its fair tat my OH has to be waterproofed too lol.

I think I'll put towels all over my side and some sort of water proof mat thing? Failing that binbags are waterproof!! lol Normally I would care but our bed is worth nearly £2000, really don't want to ruin it!! x

Might have dreamt this but I'm sure I read on here somebody used puppy training pads? They soak up quite a bit from what I remember abd are cheap! Haha xxxx

As heidi said - Puppy pads are basically like incontanance(sp?) pads they use for people who cannot control their bladder.

Worth a try hun! xx

Im more worried about my waters going in the middle of tesco's :lol:

Boots sell mattress protectors, which are a bit like puppy training pads or the pads they use in labour wards to protect their beds. I had some, they dont make you sweat or anything whereas I think plasticky things would, my waters didnt go in my bed (went at hospital on theirs, soaked completely up!) but I did spill a massive jug of water over the bed and the mattress was completely dry!
So yeah anyway, boots... they're quite cheap as well and you get quite a few in a pack x

^^ I had these too, in fact I had one on my car seat for a while too, just in case! And it helped me to get in and out the car too, bonus!

You can buy kingsize mattress protectors out of argos and bed shops, we got ours from the bedshed , theyr just like a fitted sheet. x

Decent ones that are not plastic on the topside so dont make u sweat. x

Last edited:
i was going to buy a new mattress as mines getting old now, but this thread has made me decide not to lol! if it does break when im in bed will just buy a new matress as i need one anyways :)

Claire, what made you think about your waters breaking in bed? Is it something you've been thinking about for a while or was it brought on by something you watched on tv? Just curious as I dreamt about this last night!

xx

Wish - I've been thinking about it for a while but thought i'd ask a bit later on down the line. Weird that you dremt about it too! lol

I didn't even think about the car! I don't drive so we go everywhere in my OH's van (with a spare seat for bubs!). Don't think he'd appreciate his van smelling so better get one for in there!! I think i'll try the boots ones, failing that my Aunt uses puppy pads for her lazy dog so i'll nick some off her! lol

Cheers everyone! :) x

im glad someone brought this up as I have always wondered about it too lol

I have puppy pads still from when we first got our dog so I think I will have to use them :)

Rósa;1818292 said:
Im more worried about my waters going in the middle of tesco's :lol:

I would be more aiming for this to happen rather than worry as I hear you get a years supply of nappies if it happens in Tesco or Sainsbury's!! Don't know how true it is now tho. Knowing my luck all I'll get is a mop and a dirty look!!

i brought a mattress waterproof off ebay for £2 thought i would whack it on nearer the time as i have memory foam and didnt want to ruin it i also have got pillow protecters as i have one between my legs and last time my waters went on the pillow first and then all over the floor lucky in bathroom. so only a few drop on bed but i may not be lucky this time for £2 its worth a go xx

Hmmm yes this is something Ive thought about the last few days too and like you Mnight weve just renewed out Ksize bed and splashed out so I really dont want to be SPLASHING OUT again lol pardon the punn!

Will def be investing in a protective cover tho! xxx

Hiya!

So I know i've got ages until I have to deal with my waters breaking but I wanted to know if theres anything I can protect our mattress with incase my waters break while i'm in bed? We have a king size bed that cost a fortune so I don't really want it getting mucky! Are there water proof pads I can put under me?

x

I've put puppy training pads (had some left over for when my dog was training) underneath where I lie...they are quite cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back