Question about renting?

bearsmummy

Reaction score
When renting with another person do they run credit checks on you both?
I have terrible credit but I won't be paying the rent so was wondering if they will do me too when I won't be paying anything but my oh will?

im not too sure bt presume that if the rental contract is just in your ohs name then it will be him that they do the credit check on.

If you want your name on the rental agreement then yes they will need to credit check you both. When me and my ex were looking at places he was the one going to pay the rent and they had to still check me as i wanted to be on the agreement.

Yeh, when i lived with a friend... she moved out so i had her taken off the credit agreement and another friend moved in and in order to get him on the credit agreement they would have had to do a check on him - it means they get double the money aswell as they charge for the credit references per person!! Stupid really as they actually only cost £1 to do but we got charged £150 each!

If it's bad will I not be able to rent? Do I have to be on the agreement?

You'll have to check with the agency, if you'll both be on the agreement, you'll both have to be checked, but I would have thought if you can prove he'll be paying the rent you might be ok!

As long as he passes the check on the basis that he is going to pay all the rent then you dont have to be on the agreement... Its more for your security really ... but if hes happy being the on the agreement himself then just go with that!

Is it your first time moving in together?

Luckily my OH had already bought his house before we got together so i just moved all my stuff into there and i have a DD set up to him each month for all the bills! x

I was like that at first as he lived there with his ex... but we just couldnt afford to move and obviously he had his mortgage to think of so i had to bite the bullet...

Its so exciting though... id lived with friends before as i moved out of my mums when i was 20... but moving in with the OH was the best... coming home after work and them being there :) sorry for the soppyiness hahaha xx

I honestly can't wait! I've only known him a month :blush: Feels completely right though! It won't be till august so i have time to sort out my credit a little x

I moved in with my OH after 3 months and we're getting married in 6 weeks :D when it's right it's right x

My agency had to do checks on both of us even if I didn't want lees name on the agreement. You're better off just asking the agency cos some want both but that just could be where I live so I'm not really much help lol but yay For new home :)

If its private via agency most credit check ALL adults living in the house.

I honestly can't wait! I've only known him a month :blush: Feels completely right though! It won't be till august so i have time to sort out my credit a little x

I moved in with my OH after 3 months and we're getting married in 6 weeks :D when it's right it's right x

I totally agree... my and my OH were together for 3 months and we got matching tattoos... i was with my ex for 2 years and wouldnt have dreamed about it! Now me and Phil (OH) have a house together and our little one is on the way :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back