Quick credit check question

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I've ordered a new contract phone from a website and knew they would do credit checks and stuff. I've got an email from them saying my order has been processed and dispatched, so does this mean the credit checks have already been done or is that for the mobile network to decide when I get the phone and try to connect? :?

I believe it would be done immediately when you apply, and if you have failed the first contact from them would be to tell you so... I could be wrong but it sounds like you've been accepted through the credit check already.. :)

If your phone has been dispatched you've passed the credit check as it should already be connected as soon as you recieve it although you may need to call to lift a transit bar but thats it :)

I didn't order it directly from the network though, it was from buymobilephones.net so I dunno how it works :?

I do get a free Nintendo Wii with it though, and it's a gorgeous phone, so I'm hoping it's gone through :pray:

Doesn't matter if you got it through a 3rd party dealer, they won't send you a phone without calling the network to credit check you first otherwise they could send you a phone and not get commision from the network therefore losing lots of money. If they sent it you'll have it. I hope you get you Wii too :hug:

That's alright then :D

I've always been wary of deals like this but 2 of my friends have got their free Wii's with their phones so I decided to aswell, can't wait to get it :cheer:

i have a free psp , and a free xbox360 with mine and there not bad contracts either ! just means getting a new number every year lol

x-kirsty-x said:
That's alright then :D

I've always been wary of deals like this but 2 of my friends have got their free Wii's with their phones so I decided to aswell, can't wait to get it :cheer:

Cool, can I ask who it is with? DH would love a Wii and my contract is up for renewal.

i think dispatch means its been sent out to you, so u mustve passed the credit checks.
i kno a little bit about credit,

good credit =
* having a bank account with regular payments and no overdraft facility
* having a bank account with an overdraft that u regularly dip into, but dont exceed limit and always pay back so it regularly goes above zero
* living at the same address as u did 3 (or maybe 5) years ago
* having credit cards that u always make minimum payments on and dont exceed limit
* writing cheques that dont bounce
* having direct debits or standing orders that are always funded OR not having any at all (its when there's no funds to meet them that goes against u)

bad cresit =
* every time u exceed overdraft limit one "mark" against you
* every time a cheque bounces, or a direct debit or standing order has to be paid by bank coz u had insufficient funds- one "mark" against u
* every time a credit check is run, one mark against you, ironically!
* frequent change of address
* frequent change of employment

thats all i can think of right now! sounds like u got it tho if its been dispatched :D

My credit rating is beyond repair so I wasn't expecting it to go through, that's why I asked. I have had a contract phone for a few years though and it's always been paid so I dunno if that had anything to do with it :?

I'm getting a Samsung Soul (U900) on an Orange Dolphin tariff, £35 a month for 600 minutes and unlimited texts (Krystal will know all about this :wink: :lol: ) I'm sure there are better deals out there but I picked the first one that appealed to me cos I didn't think I would get it anyway :shock:

It's from www.buymobilephones.net 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back