Anyone recently started privately renting a property?

Private landlords, and estate agents take the p*ss with what they do.

For a bedsit, I paid a months rent (£350) in advance plus two months rent £700 as deposit! Thats shelling out £1050 plus an admin fee thing.

I'm on income support so had to lie to get anywhere at all plus family had to help me with the deposit etc.

And they almost always find an excuse not to give you a deposit back.

At least the estate agents haven't been nosey, aggro etc as some landlords have been.

Just applying to move again, and applying for council this time as had enough of having to scrounge off family for deposits etc. Luckily in Brum we have the most council housing in the country, plus I'll get some medical points.

Gemma you could move in to your new place but apply for the council list now too, being a woman and baby you will have some priority. Once you get it it's a home for life, with no money hastle etc and freedom to do with as you please as long as you don't move a horse in or something :lol:

katyk said:
Private landlords, and estate agents take the p*ss with what they do.

Oh right, you've obviously experienced every single letting agent & private landlord, cos I'll tell you for sure that we don't take the p!ss with our tenants......its when our tenants take the p!ss with us that there is a problem.

I wouldn't say 'tenants take the p!ss' I would say 'some tenants take the p!ss'.

Sorry but you've just offended me, as I take great pride in what I do :shakehead:

Katyk... i think that was a unfair comment :talkhand:

Not all landlords take the piss... i am with a really good one whenever i have needed somethin done they have done it with a days notice and always done it for free :)

If you've had a bad experince you should tarnish everyone one with the same brush :D

Em; :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Nic :hug: :hug:

I take great pride in my business, and in our agency we return FULL deposit to approx approx 90% of tenants, those that don't get it returned in full either have outstanding rent or have damaged the property or left it in an unclean state, so deductions are made accordingly (& fairly), so to be tarred with the same brush with the agents & landlords that are not as responsible & fair, is like me saying that all tenants trash properties (they don't all, but some do), or don't pay their rent (most do, some don't).

I have given advice to more girls on here than I could mention in order to help them get their deposit back fairly or sort out problems with their Landlord/ Agent or property, so I don't think I'm taking the p!ss am i?

Bit of a sweeping generaisation me thinks.

You have helped me Em and i'm grateful for it :hug: :hug: :hug:

You should rent Places down here and i would rent a house off you :wink:

Nic'n'Keeley said:
You have helped me Em and i'm grateful for it :hug: :hug: :hug:

You should rent Places down here and i would rent a house off you :wink:

And I would rent a house to you any day hun.....aaahhhhh feel the love :hug:

and me!!! :(

i would like to rent from the emmylou and libster agency pleeeease!!!
so thatl be a massive mansion with pool and cinema then hehe!! :lol:

mummykay said:

Group hug, Nic & Em & MK (& anyone else!! :hug: ). I'll rent that to you MK and I'll even give you a discount on the application fee :wink: but I might need to 'inspect' the pool once a week :rotfl:

Emmylou said:
mummykay said:

Group hug, Nic & Em & MK (& anyone else!! :hug: ). I'll rent that to you MK and I'll even give you a discount on the application fee :wink: but I might need to 'inspect' the pool once a week :rotfl:

you may inspect the pool anytime u please, it will have a sign saying 'we dont swim in your toilet so please dont pee in our pool' haha!!!! :rotfl:

mummykay said:
you may inspect the pool anytime u please, it will have a sign saying 'we dont swim in your toilet so please dont pee in our pool' haha!!!! :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry to any landlords who are lovely, I have no doubt that you are as you are on this forum :) But you would be the rare and treasured few :)

Because I am on benefits people think they can treat me any which way, even though I'm not a scrounger or scabby, but registered disabled.

Must admit every landlord I've had anything to do with I've had hastle from in various ways- although once I have paid a grand to this estate agent they have been refreshingly hastle-free. I don't expect my deposit back though, even though I've improved the state of the property. Sorry if that offends, just going on my past experience.

But I'm sure you lot are magic :) - how can you not be- you are on this most excellent forum. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back