Question about One Step cheapies from Amazon...

Sarah7

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just got my first batch of cheap One Step 10miu tests and I'm already a smidge bemused! :-?
Decided to read the instructions as I can't test yet and it says to allow the urine to come to room temperature as well as the test... I think it really is as simple as it sounds, but how long would it take for urine to come to room temperature? and does it really matter? :confused:
Thank you!
Sarah x

I asked the same question and was told it didnt really matter.....I wonder if it does?? mmmm I interested to actually defo find out also! :) x

I have used these tests and never waited for the urine to cool to room temperature. x

I'm in the same boat! Mine arrived yesterday, I wondered the sane thing! Also a silly question bur what are you all using too collect said pee?? Lol xx

I use an old plastic cup, wee in it, then as I flush I rinse it in the toilet stream and wash my hands :). Liam's leastfavourite thing about pregnancy is the wee cups...

Thanks for all the responses, totally helpful :) It's really good to know I don't have to let it cool down. Waiting's hard enough without a cup of pee to wait over first!
Dawn, I do similar to what dragonfly does, but I wash it in the sink... OH says to wash it in the flush water but I'm too wimpish to do that lol. Really not a fan of the pee cups!

I use these too. Never wait until at room temp.

I have a china cup that i have by toilet. I wash it out each day of test and occasionally stick it in the dishwasher.

Like fellow men on the house, mine prefers not to see it!

Soph
xx

That's good to know, I was wondering the same thing about room temperature too :) I've got the same test too, so are they 10 miu then? More sensitive than FR? x x

The ones I got are 10miu and I think frer are 12 or 12.5 miu
xx

Oic, does it say sensitivity on leaflet? Shall have to have a look thanks :) x x

I have read that frer can be as sensitive as 5mil

I certainly found I got better results on frer than on one step... They still aren't giving me a clear line even now! Have had lines on frer for days though.

You get what you pay for,I would say x

Ah I thought the 12 or 12.5 was for the 6 day early testing frer... must be for the from day of period one I tried, I assumed they didn't go more sensitive than that. Which type is 5miu?
I think I'll use the one steps to deal with my desire to poas when it's a bit too early and get frer for closer to testing day.
Congratulations on your frer results though fi :yay:

I have read that frer can be as sensitive as 5mil

I certainly found I got better results on frer than on one step... They still aren't giving me a clear line even now! Have had lines on frer for days though.

You get what you pay for,I would say x

I was exactly the same. Took a good week or so extra before I was getting decent BFPs off the ICs

Apparently 12.5 is the least sensitive they can be but there are many reports (including from me) that they are more sensitive than that. They are absolutely definitely more sensitive than my 10mil IC's...

I know I implanted on cd9 and I got a faint line on a frer the next day, nothing at all on an ic even now when I am getting strong lines on a frer.

Hmm... I think I'll take the IC's with a pinch of salt then!

Good plan, or you may end up worried and confused like I have been the last little while!

Also don't do a digi til after your missed period, seeing 'not pregnant' is just heartbreaking x

Hmm... I think I'll take the IC's with a pinch of salt then!

Don't get me wrong, they do work. It's just FR are really good BUT you have to pay for it.

ICs are useful because the cost pence and you can pee away. I just used ICs to get a hint of a line and then pee'd on a more expensive test. Also it was useful to try different brands just to make sure. ICs are just useful to have to hand.

Until last month I thought pregnancy tests would be so simple: pee on one and yes or no! Brands and types and ones to use at certain times because they aren't 100%.... argh! Getting the hang of all of this is surprisingly complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back